Thread: Children's Lessons Near Austin, TX

Site Supporter

Children's Lessons Near Austin, TX

A coworker lives in Austin and was just telling me that she would like to find a class for her 9 and 14 year old girls. They've never touched a gun so for now it's basically about teaching safety and introducing them to shooting. They don't own a gun so they would need to be able to rent one or have one supplied for class. Any suggestions?

Site Supporter
    Krtraining basic pistol 1 would be a good choice.
    https://www.krtraining.com/KRTrainin...sicpistol.html

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    A coworker lives in Austin and was just telling me that she would like to find a class for her 9 and 14 year old girls. They've never touched a gun so for now it's basically about teaching safety and introducing them to shooting. They don't own a gun so they would need to be able to rent one or have one supplied for class. Any suggestions?
    Shady Oaks in Cedar Park has classes and instruction. KR is good, but in Giddings and it sounds like this is very basic intro stuff.
    Does your coworker shoot?

Site Supporter
    I believe she has in the past, but it doesn't sound like it's anything she and her husband are actively in to. I don't think they own any firearms.

Definitely very basic intro stuff. At this point it's about teaching the kids how to handle a situation where they find themselves around a gun or if for some reason they have to handle one how to do it safely. She did say if they enjoy it she's up for buying or renting guns so they can shoot a few times a year.

User Tag List