Thread: What to do with my Evo-9?

What to do with my Evo-9?

I have a 13 year old AAC Evo-9. This was my first NFA item right after I turned 21. I currently do not have a host for it. Options I’m considering are a G19 host (I currently only have G17’s. If I got a 19, it would still fit in my 17 holsters with the threaded barrel) or some kind of a pistol with a folding brace (CZ Evo, Sig MPX, etc).

Thoughts and recommendations? Seems like the pistol would be more useful. I don’t have much room in my safe for unused guns and that’s what I’m afraid a carbineish thing would be.

Or I could just leave it unused in the safe as it is now.
    Last edited by ASH556; 11-16-2017 at 11:12 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Why not just a threaded barrel for one of your 17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Why not just a threaded barrel for one of your 17?
    Seems like he answered that before it was asked:

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    If I got a 19, it would still fit in my 17 holsters with the threaded barrel
    That said, Sigfan26's idea isn't without merit. With the suppressor attached, the 19 isn't fitting into those holsters, and without, it's easy enough to just swap a normal barrel back into a 17, no? It's not like Glocks are difficult or time-consuming to field strip, right?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Seems like he answered that before it was asked:

That said, Sigfan26's idea isn't without merit. With the suppressor attached, the 19 isn't fitting into those holsters, and without, it's easy enough to just swap a normal barrel back into a 17, no? It's not like Glocks are difficult or time-consuming to field strip, right?
    My point was, if you have multiples, why not just use one of them as a host (as in, the one that isn’t carried).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did what you’re suggesting before and other than the hassle (admittedly not all that big) of swapping barrels, the bigger issue was the huge POI difference between the two barrels. Granted, I was using a KKM. Maybe if I got my hands on a factory Glock barrel it would work better.
    Food Court Apprentice

So, it's almost a year later, the can is still sitting threaded onto a .22 rifle with a fixed-barrel spacer installed in place of the Nielsen device.

Any more thoughts? Any grand reason anyone can think of to activate it into a pistol-useable can? I use my suppressed .22 pistol all the time. Since I already have a 9mm can, seems like it would be good to have a 9mm setup.

6 second mount, T-1, factory threaded barrel on on a G17?

Again with the sitting in the safe thing, though.
    Food Court Apprentice

Site Supporter
    SMG style pistols like a CZ Scorpion, PTR 9CT(MP5 clone) MPX, etc were *BORN* to have a 9mm can on them.

I recently shared a range with a dude that had one of those new Grand Power 'Stribog' pistols, set up with a Vortex red dot, a SB tactical AR brace, and a Silencerco Omega.
    He was kind enough to let me try a few magazines, and it was addictively fun to shoot. Honestly I enjoyed it as much (if not more) than my own F4'd Uzi SMG.
    It was happily eating the Wolf steel case 115gr FMJ he was feeding it, too.

I'd consider a Scorpion, MP5 clone, GP Stribog, or 9mm AR for a 9mm host weapon over any traditional carry pistol.

User Tag List