Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anywhere to sell 9mm brass shells?

Anywhere to sell 9mm brass shells?

I don't reload, but I'd like to lower my shooting costs by selling my brass 9mm shells. Is there any place willing to buy my shells? Right now I have about 1000.

Thanks,

Randy

That's not many of a common caliber, as such things go.
    I think your best move would be to put up an ad on the range bulletin board, if any.
    I would buy a thousand FtF, but would not pay postage on it.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Freedom Munitions provides brass credit - https://www.freedommunitions.com/brass-credit-program

They recommend shipping in a flat rate box (if it fits it ships!). Their current credit rate is $1.40/pound of brass. They provide online store credit, so you can turn your brass back into ammo.

-Rob

You can also list your brass on GunBroker as well but I'm not sure how much you'll get for it. Just a quick search through the site shows quite a few listings already...

Folks,
    Thanks so much for your help,
    Randy

Site Supporter
    Just from my experience locally (Norhtern Utah) brass sales have really gone down like pretty much everything else gun related, since the election. It used to be fairly easy to sell 1k of 9mm brass for 25 bucks, maybe even 30. Now it's hard to even sell it for more than scrap rate. I ran the numbers for sending brass to freedom, and honestly it doesn't make much sense to do, much of what you would make is eaten up in shipping costs. 1k of 9mm is no more than 9-10 lbs, and you are probably about 7-10 bucks in shipping at least. You would have to be sending a full large flat rate box with 60+ lbs to make it even close to worth it. The easiest route is just sell it at scrap rate to the local recycle facility. You'll probably get about as much from them as freedom without the shipping costs. Plus you are getting cash instead of store credit from freedom. Just my opinion.

Site Supporter
    I have LOTs of 9mm brass and I also looked at the Freedom Munitions exchange and I could not get the numbers to work either. Another option may be to exchange at a local (regional?) reloading company for loaded brass or even supply that brass to be loaded (may be a tax advantage).

Now, if it was 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, or 6.5 Creedmoor you can buy it, shoot it, then sell the brass.

I get one of those large flat rate boxes from the Post Office. When I get home from shooting I throw my brass in the box. It's funny but once people know you save your brass they will give you theirs so I generally end of bringing home more than I shoot. When the box is full I mail into to Freedom. The large box costs about $18 to ship and last time I received about a $76 credit so that's about $58 profit.

Obviously this is a good excuse to buy a Dillon press.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Obviously this is a good excuse to buy a Dillon press.
    ^^^^What he said. Keep the brass. You don't reload now, but you will some day.

User Tag List