Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What gun(s) to buy before moving to MA

What about a trio of Wilson Combat Centurion Tacticals?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    What about a trio of Wilson Combat Centurion Tacticals?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Hmmm... Uh, Colt Cobra is pending. I may just get everything recommended on this thread.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post
    Hmmm... Uh, Colt Cobra is pending. I may just get everything recommended on this thread.
    Well, not everything...

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    Don’t.

Just don’t.

New Hamphire if anything. I fled Mass for New Hampshire and will never go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    This^^^ Just don't do it. Commute. Just about everywhere in MA is relatively commute-able from Southern NH or VT.
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I’m a recent RI resident who commutes to Milford, MA for work every day.
    ... as I assume that doesn't include a home in a state other than MA.

I realize it's probably more fun to concentrate on guns you're buying, but some people with personal experience have been trying to explain what you'll be facing as a MA gun owner. I'm sure all of us would be happy to help you figure out a way to commute to work from a neighboring state, if you were interested in considering that. I traded 100 miles per week for 500 miles per week, and I couldn't be happier about it.

This is your thread and your life, but you seem like a good guy, and it pains me to contemplate what you've got ahead of you, so it's hard for me to not make one last plea. Even though you "grew up in the Northeast" you were not a gun owner then. Please don't make the mistake of thinking that it will feel similar to your childhood if you move into MA with guns.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    Well, not everything...

... as I assume that doesn't include a home in a state other than MA.

I realize it's probably more fun to concentrate on guns you're buying, but some people with personal experience have been trying to explain what you'll be facing as a MA gun owner. I'm sure all of us would be happy to help you figure out a way to commute to work from a neighboring state, if you were interested in considering that. I traded 100 miles per week for 500 miles per week, and I couldn't be happier about it.

This is your thread and your life, but you seem like a good guy, and it pains me to contemplate what you've got ahead of you, so it's hard for me to not make one last plea. Even though you "grew up in the Northeast" you were not a gun owner then. Please don't make the mistake of thinking that it will feel similar to your childhood if you move into MA with guns.
    Yeah...the more I research, and read from you guys, the more I realize it's going to suck. The only other option for me is maybe being in CT, but again, with my job, I need to be pretty close to work, and there's only one neighborhood with a great school system, so - yes, I will sacrifice and endure, and hopefully engage with GOAL to help - and then hold it over my wife's head for anything else I may want out of life. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post
    Yeah...the more I research, and read from you guys, the more I realize it's going to suck. The only other option for me is maybe being in CT, but again, with my job, I need to be pretty close to work, and there's only one neighborhood with a great school system, so - yes, I will sacrifice and endure, and hopefully engage with GOAL to help - and then hold it over my wife's head for anything else I may want out of life. Haha.
    Fair enough. I just want to make sure that you go into it with your eyes wide open. (CT is not as bad as MA, but I wouldn't want to live there either.)

If you pick the right MA town to live in, some of the licensing stuff may not affect you much, but other denials of 2nd Amendment Rights are state-wide and routine. It's certainly not a place you'd want to be forced to defend yourself because they "don't believe in self-help" in MA (I believe the AG actually said that).

A few years ago, there was a case where someone was walking down the hallway of a hospital when he heard loud screams. He entered an office and witnessed a psych patient stabbing his doctor repeatedly in the chest, so he fired a shot or two from his concealed handgun and took the aggressor out. For about 6 months, a murder charge was held over the Good Samaritan's head for saving the doctor's life. I'm sure he went through hell.

They ultimately found a way to claim the Good Samaritan was a "special police officer" or something like that to make it clear to the general public that if any of us had used our legally-carried handgun to save the doctor's life, we'd be in big trouble.

I recommend that in MA you only ever physically defend yourself or your loved ones. The majority of MA voters have created and condoned the legal situation there, so anybody you don't personally know should be assumed to not want your help.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

Damn. Every time you or Alohadoug post, it just gets worse.

That's good to know. One of the reasons I'm going total stock on my EDC (assuming I even get an LTC). My personal philosophy has also been to never get involved. And lastly, I'm a member of ACLDN.

You're right, though. The focus shouldn't just be to stockpile, to also brace myself for impact. I have read up on GOAL's blog, and will join when I move. I'm already prepared to help defeat AG Healy with whatever support I can provide. I think a strong grassroots campaign should work, especially in Western MA, where there are more blue collar than liberal Bostonites.

Oils and Lotions SME
    I have a fair number of pre-ban AR mags in serviceable condition (Adventureline and such). Are these something that folks in MA would be interested in?
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

@Aray 18 months ago, I could have pointed you to a dozen people that would have jumped on them, even at insane prices. But since the AG's decision basically banning the AR, most people I know are limiting their spending. I do still know people that would buy them. Post on Northeast Shooters Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Aray View Post
    I have a fair number of pre-ban AR mags in serviceable condition (Adventureline and such). Are these something that folks in MA would be interested in?
    That's kind of you, and people living there appreciate it when people in free states think that way. I left almost all of my hard-to-find, pre-ban stuff behind when I moved.

Pre-ban AR mags seem to be plentiful, though (unlike Glock mags like I mentioned in an earlier post), and I never had trouble finding them. Externally dated AR mags may be more desirable to nervous or inexperienced people.

Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    @Aray 18 months ago, I could have pointed you to a dozen people that would have jumped on them, even at insane prices. But since the AG's decision basically banning the AR, most people I know are limiting their spending. I do still know people that would buy them. Post on Northeast Shooters Forum.
    That would be the place to post them, but I don't think you can do so without becoming a paying "Site Supporter". You may be able to browse the classifieds for free to get a feel for the market.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

I figured if those on this thread were interested, Mas has a Mag40 class in Wallingford, CT in August 2018. I just signed up, and I am stoked to get a chance to take the course!
    I think SouthNarc also has a class in NH in September, too.

User Tag List