Thread: Hero911 Network a 501(c)(3) Not for profit organization

Hero911 Network a 501(c)(3) Not for profit organization

Gentlemen,

With Tom's permission, I am posting information about a not for profit organization called the Hero911 Network. A friend of mine, Nate Mc Vickers who is an active Illinois State Trooper has developed an app with the intention of creating a voluntary social network of federal, state, and local law enforcement officers dedicated to reducing the response times to active school, church and or business shooting incidents. Nate launched the app in 2013 and currently has about 33,000 officers on board. The primary mission is to get as many officers on scene as quickly as possible to end the event. Here is a link to the Mission Statement page of the organization http://www.hero911.org/mission/. It is open to current and retired LEOs. You can download the app for iPhones here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hero...1857?ls=1&mt=8 and androids here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...11.heronetwork

The way the app works is an emergency alert comes in from a church, school, or business that has signed up to be a part of the Guard911 network. The Guard911 app calls 911 and the person who activated the alert will speak directly to 911 to give them information. Simultaneously when 911 is being called, a signal/alert is sent to any LEOs who have the Hero911 app on (and activated) on their phones alerting them that there is a situation and will give you a map showing where the incident is happening. It will pinpoint to within 35 feet of the activation. On duty and off duty officers can reply they are responding and head towards the scene.

Additional benefits of the Hero911.org organization is they will provide financial support to families of fallen officers, training equipment to police agencies along with protective vests, and training classes for LEOs at no cost to become more educated and prepared on active shooting threats. Improve school safety measures through enhanced communication and educational services, as well as other things to help make the communities safer.

The other part of the equation is the guard911 app for schools and churches. I believe there is a fee for them to get signed up and a monthly service for monitoring. If anyone wants or needs any further info please reach out to me and I can get you in touch with Nate.

When an officer checks en route on the app, does 911 get notified somehow?
    Last edited by KPD; 11-16-2017 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post
    When an officer checks en route on the app, does 911 get notified somehow?
    That is a good question, I will reach out to Nate and find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

From Nate:
    No information is relayed to 911 (they simply get a regular phone call but operators are also encouraged to download the Hero911 app so they can have a heads up). Good to mention that the Guard911 apps also do NOT receive LEO if, just an alert that there is an activation within their area.

The only continuous ticker is the LEO recipients on Hero911. After an LEO selects plain clothes or uniform it shows a ticker in all Hero911 devices for awareness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

"Seems" like a good idea, but Lord I worry about a blue on blue issue.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List