Thread: Chuck Haggard article in Recoil Concealment magazine

Chuck Haggard article in Recoil Concealment magazine

I haven’t bought a paper magazine in awhile but I was in Sams Club and was leafing through this one and saw Chuck Haggard’s article on revolvers. I didn’t want to be a cheap bastard so I went ahead and bought it instead of reading it in the store. I can’t tell you much about the rest of it but I thoroughly enjoyed that one article. Excellent work Mr Haggard, between this article and the Glock 42/S&W442 thread over in the semi auto forum y’all have walked me back from the edge of buying a semi auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a copy today also. Good article.

I need to get to the store.

Just bought my copy! Good article by the Legendary Lawman Marshal Chuck Haggard!

civiliandefender.com

Excellent article Chuck,thanks. Missed you at the round up this year but will CYA next year.....Retro
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Excellently-worded, short, to-the-point article. I would love to see the original, unedited version. I sense that the magazine editor removed some material.

Yes, indeed, revolving pisols are still relevant.

In hindsight, I should have “grandfathered” a few of my revolvers as primary duty handguns, back in 1997, when my employer went to an all-DA-.40 standard. (I grandfathered three .45 ACP 1911 pistols, until 2002. Duty firearms policy opened-up again, to a degree, 2012-2015, but revolvers were not added to the list of approved primary duty handguns for uniformed personnel.) Realizing my mistake, I soon resumed bringing a 4” GP100 or Speed Six to work with me, on police patrol, as a “back-up” handgun, until late 2006 on a regular basis, and irregularly for a longer time. Felony suspects continued to see the business end of my revolving pistols, when I had advance notice of trouble, and had time to pull the sixgun from the Safepacker.

In the twilight of my police patrol career, I may well resume the habit of bringing a big “back-up” revolving pistol to work with me. Our new Ford MBUVs (make-believe utility vehicles) have cramped interiors, making the quick deployment of a long gun problematic, and a recent rotator cuff injury inhibits my handling of long guns.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-23-2017 at 09:58 PM.

User Tag List