Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: P320 came back from voluntary upgrade

Sent all three off the same day.
    The compact came back last Tuesday, in exactly two weeks, and the sub compacts are due this coming Tuesday, in three weeks.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Has anyone had a chance to inspect a new 320 with the upgraded package to what is being done to the models coming back from the voluntary recall?
    I was in a LGS this weekend and they said sells of the 320 had gone cold since the recall. This has to be really bad for Sig.
    Last edited by UNK; 12-05-2017 at 05:52 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to inspect a new 320 with the upgraded package to what is being done to the models coming back from the voluntary recall?
    I was in a LGS this weekend and they said sells of the 320 had gone cold since the recall. This has to be really bad for Sig.
    Pages and pages worth just above your post.

I feel bad for these 320 users. I hope they work out as I hope the hell the M17 is a reliable and safe pistol. I know it is shootable as all get out.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    This has to be really bad for Sig.
    Good.
    They deserve a solid kick to the nads for this debacle.

I don't wish them permanent ill, but temporary pain is warranted.
    Maybe it'll be painful enough that Cohen will step down...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Good.
    They deserve a solid kick to the nads for this debacle.

I don't wish them permanent ill, but temporary pain is warranted.
    Maybe it'll be painful enough that Cohen will step down...
    While I hope you are right, I doubt it with the military contract. Also, after many discussions on the forums, it seems most people don’t really care about what Sig has done, or their declining QC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would'nt blame Cohen so much.. after all, he's doing exactly what the shareholders wanted... turn a profit, and they don't care how he does it..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I would'nt blame Cohen so much.. after all, he's doing exactly what the shareholders wanted... turn a profit, and they don't care how he does it..
    He may be turning a profit right now, but if Sig continues on the path they are on, he’ll run them into the ground eventually. They’ve already lost a lot of their great reputation....

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Sent all three off the same day.
    The compact came back last Tuesday, in exactly two weeks, and the sub compacts are due this coming Tuesday, in three weeks.
    MY sub-compact we delivered yesterday, Mrs. Drang's should be here today. FedEx guy said that they're trying to get ahead of the holidays, so when they finished Monday's deliveries they loaded a bunch of Tuesday's up, and got them out; it seems odd to me, though, since both were on the same delivery notice email. (With different tracking numbers, though.)

Compacts may be getting new slides, but my Sub has the same after market front sight on it, so they don't mess with that.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    While I hope you are right, I doubt it with the military contract. Also, after many discussions on the forums, it seems most people don’t really care about what Sig has done, or their declining QC.

Some of us completely dumped them. Once they started cheapening up the legacy guns with external extractors, Indian MIM, and bad QC it was time to go. I lost faith in them even servicing my pistols. My AF 229 357/40 went in for their AEP, and came back with pit marks in the frame and slide. They refused to do anything about it so I had CCR refinish it. Then I bought a 2022, malfs, FedEx, service. Then a 224 with nothing but issues, 3 trips to Exeter until I pressured them into replacing it. I was a 20 year customer. Used to, we’d say, on a P series (2004 and prior, before Cohen), you could buy one and head straight to the range, or holster it. It had that out of box reliability. Today I wouldn’t trust that company with a drop of my piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Some of us completely dumped them. Once they started cheapening up the legacy guns with external extractors, Indian MIM, and bad QC it was time to go. I lost faith in them even servicing my pistols. My AF 229 357/40 went in for their AEP, and came back with pit marks in the frame and slide. They refused to do anything about it so I had CCR refinish it. Then I bought a 2022, malfs, FedEx, service. Then a 224 with nothing but issues, 3 trips to Exeter until I pressured them into replacing it. I was a 20 year customer. Used to, we’d say, on a P series (2004 and prior, before Cohen), you could buy one and head straight to the range, or holster it. It had that out of box reliability. Today I wouldn’t trust that company with a drop of my piss.
    Glad to hear it. I really hope they notice the drop in civilian sales and start to make positive changes, because I really like their guns! But to me, Sig means top shelf, best of the best, and that just isn’t the case anymore, so I’m not buying anymore until it changes.

Most people on this forum seem pretty open minded and objective about the whole thing, but over on Sig Talk, breath one word of Sig having bad business practices or declining QC and you get jumped.

User Tag List