Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: P320 came back from voluntary upgrade

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    ICE guns were reportedly tested with the latest parts albeit factory not "upgraded."

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Exactly - this thread is discussing guns which are being "upgraded" / modified by the factory.

BTW - SIG's original submission did not have the upgraded parts, which was the subject of a protest by FN.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-20-2017 at 02:28 AM.

At least the rub mark gives you an indication of where to lube it next time.
    --- Joe ---
    Sig Sauer P320RX, P229R E2, P365XL, SP2022 || Springfield 1911 Range Officer Compact Elite
    Henry Golden Boy || Ruger 10/22 Custom || CZ455V || Tippmann M4-22 Elite || HP 995TS

Correction to my above post. The disconnector on my P320 is not activating until the slide is pulled back ~1.5" (not 1/2" as originally indicated). There is very little difference in depth between the newly milled disconnector pocket and the lightening groove - just a small ridge at the transition location. It's clear the disconnector is not activating until it hits the end of the lightening groove. I'm also starting to see wear in the same location that Sensei is seeing and that's just after racking the slide 30-40 times. I've not yet had the opportunity to take it out to the range but I cannot imagine what the wear is going to look like after thousands of live fire rounds.

My 320 Compact made it back today. With shipping both ways the process took about two weeks.

As others are reporting, my disconnector notch is milled into the lightening groove so the trigger resets near the end of its travel rather than at the beginning. Funky and different but probably not the end of the world.

I put 250-ish rounds of mixed ball and JHP through the gun. This included a mag of +P Gold Dot. The trigger was a tiny bit rough initially but it has smoothed up and doesn't feel too much different than it did pre-upgrade.

I pulled the slide off after the first 50 rounds and looked for signs of wear. I then cleaned and oiled the gun and shot the other 200.

There is a tiny wear spot right at the far edge of the lightening cut. It is really nothing more than a rub mark in the finish. It was there after 50 and doesn't look any different after 250. I'll shoot a few more rounds over the remainder of the week and see what happens.

I understand some of the frustration with this whole deal but I liked the gun prior to all the drop nonsense. It was reliable and accurate prior to the upgrade. If it is still reliable and accurate but now made safer by these new parts I don't see any reason NOT to like it. Unless I just wanted to sell it out of spite or something.

That wear spot is identical to mine. I assume that it comes from the trigger disconnect safety hitting it. Keep an eye on the disconnect too and I’ll do the same.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

All 3 of my P320's returned from Sig yesterday. 2 weeks from shipped to home. Both full sizes look like Tokarev's picture right down to the wear spot. My compact is a new slide with no lightening cuts. I was a little disappointed in the triggers when I first started playing with them. After cycling / dry fire they seem to have smoothed out a little bit. My trigger resets very far back as MattK described. I really liked the triggers on all 3 before I sent them in, now they seem mushy (almost Glock like). I also noticed that one of my full sizes is a PITA to put the slide back on after disassembly. I have 300 rounds to go run through them this week. I really like the P320 so I'll give it a chance. But I'm going to be watching the area around the disconnector pocket and the lightening cut.

Another 150 rounds this morning then disassembled for a good cleaning.

The trigger is now pretty crisp and feels about like I remember prior to the upgrade.

The wear mark looks fine. I don't see anything there that concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Another 150 rounds this morning then disassembled for a good cleaning.

The trigger is now pretty crisp and feels about like I remember prior to the upgrade.

The wear mark looks fine. I don't see anything there that concerns me.

I don’t see a wear mark. I see damage being done to the slide. I presume that damage is being done to the corresponding disconnector surface. The disconnector is also being smashed instead of directed downward as it should be. Very disappointing for an “upgrade.”

Pushing 500 rounds now AU (after upgrade) with slight wear increase along the disconnector notch.

I'll keep an eye on it but I'm not alarmed as of yet.

Any visible wear on the head of the disconnector?

User Tag List