Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MA State Police Scandal

What a mess.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

I saw this the other day. This is hardly a dirty little secret but I'm glad it's coming to light and hope that there is some justice at the end of the line.

Wow. That lawsuit could have been part of a script for a TV drama about government/police corruption. It's certainly the kind of thing you wish was fictional. Hopefully the courts can sort out the truth of it and take appropriate action.
    Last edited by olstyn; 11-12-2017 at 12:32 PM.

I’ve seen more than one senior LE executive come to believe their own press and threat the rules don’t apply to them. LSP recently had one retire in disgrace.

Yea, I got caught up in something similar after just a few years on the job. I told them pretty quick I wasn't going to change anything. Since I worked in an "at will" employment state with none of the property interest protections of law, they could have canned me for pretty much anything if they'd had a mind to do so.

I suspect much of the public sector would like to think things like this are merely aberrations, but regrettably they're as common as dirt. The larger issue however, is the collateral consequence of this reality; If these turds will do this to their own, don't think for a minute they would have any reservations about screwing with you.

Our system of criminal justice is the best history has ever offered mankind, but it's only as good as the character of the people that wield its power.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Someone posted on the old 10-8Forums an article from a New Jersey paper. They had researched lawsuits against NJ police departments over a multi-year period. My recollection is that 55-60% of the suits had been filed by employees. I need to expend some effort and find that one.

Site Supporter
    Fairly typical and prevalent behavior by LE command types. Nothing to see here, so just move along with the rest of the sheep.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Fairly typical and prevalent behavior by LE command types. Nothing to see here, so just move along with the rest of the sheep.
    Once they hit a certain rank in large departments, it becomes apparent they are actually politicians in cops clothing and begin really acting like it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Unfortunately, the abused trooper will pay a price for not being a team player and for suing. The powers that be will never promote him because they don't trust him. They will view him as a troublemaker.

User Tag List