Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Roles of Hand Held Lights

Looks like the 2.0 is on available on Amazon now:

https://www.amazon.com/Thyrm-SwitchB...70_&dpSrc=srch

I have the earlier version on a Surefire G2X Tactical (a pretty good buy for an all purpose hand held at its going price, BTW, if you are okay running CR123s). I don't use the Thyrm switch in the intended weapon light grip, but it draws from the pocket into a hammer fist/neck index nicely. The new model seems like it has some good improvements. I may give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    JHC, thanks. Unseen in the photos above, all of my finger lanyards at equipped with break-away barrel connectors in the event an assailant gains control of the light;

What connector do you use?

Is that a piece of tape or something around it?

NH,

What is the length of both of your EDCs? Also what is the body diameter? I don't see any specs on Gene's website.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    What connector do you use?

Is that a piece of tape or something around it?
    Barrel Connectors

I found these connectors break-away a little too easy so I place a short piece of heat shrink tube over the connector, which adds just the right amount of resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    NH,

What is the length of both of your EDCs? Also what is the body diameter? I don't see any specs on Gene's website.

Thanks!
    The MD2 through MD4 bodies are standard one inch diameter so they fit mounts intended for 1" lights. The M61T MD2 is 5.125" AOL with a 1.25" diameter head; the MDC-VME combo is 3.75" AOL with a .875" diameter body and 1.125" diameter bezel.

Thanks NH, they look longer then they actually are. That helps me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Barrel Connectors

I found these connectors break-away a little too easy so I place a short piece of heat shrink tube over the connector, which adds just the right amount of resistance.
    Excellent idea - thank you.

Trying out the Malkoff Tricap on the M61T MD2...and liking it!

A new configuration - a Malkoff Wildcat v.6 neutral head on a MD2 body with Tricap, a Raven Concealment pocket clip with a DIY finger lanyard, powered by a pair of IMR 18350 750mah cells (I have a set of 1100mah cells on order which will obviously extend the run time).

On high (1,000 lumens) the run time is only about 17 minutes. However for general (and indoor) use the low setting (30 lumens) is what I find myself using almost exclusively, extending the run time to 6 - 8 hours. I've really come to appreciate the wide, even beam with no blinding hot spot. With a quick twist of the bezel, unleashing all 1,000 of its high-CRI lumens brings me smiles.

Very pocketable, very useful and easy to carry. And of course, built-like-a-tank Malkoff tough;

Any recommendations on a high output only flashlight that's around 1k lumens and under 1" diameter?
    I can find a bunch that fit the description but have different modes, outputs, etc. I want to keep it simple.

User Tag List