Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Groupthink: Magpul Glock Magazines

Site Supporter
    I’ve been using 17/21 rd magpuls for about 80% of my range work since they became available. Not a single issue with them in any of my Glocks. Although I go hate the 12 bc it pinches.

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Does Glock make an OEM +2 for the 26? I have no idea. I didn't find any a few years ago. I think the extra two rounds is definitely cool solution to a perceived, perhaps manufactured, problem of being 2 rnds short ;-) The added finger grip doesn't matter much for me but I can see it being a good thing for some. It definitely feels better than the pierce +1 or +2 extensions, IMO.
    Glock has offered the +2 extension for the G26 since it was introduced.

Glock Factory Original Glock 26 Magazine 9mm Luger Black Polymer 10/rd +2

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

They also make a +5 extension.

I have put a good number of rounds through their G17 mags. They’re harder to load full than a G mag which means they’re putting more resistance on the slide. I’d never carry one for that reason alone. I wish I’d spent the extra bux for OeM, for the 16th and 17th round and the witness holes.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I hope the Magpul mags work because I have 5 on the way. From Midway, they cost $10 each instead of $25 each for OEM magazines. I figure I can have 5 magazines to use and abuse in training and in local matches and keep from putting that wear and tear on OEM mags. We’ll see how it works out.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

I have had good luck with brass cased round nose out of the Magpul mags. They didn't do well with steel, aluminum, or HST.

I have 2 21s, 12 15s, and 11 17s. I got 'em all new for less than $8/mag or I wouldn't have any.

Beater mags.

Weird. I've only shot aluminum and maybe some steel through mine. Federal aluminum and maybe Winchester Forged.

I've got Magpul mags for my G26, G19, & G17/34 guns.

G26 Magpul mags are 12 rounders and work fine and I'll use them for carry. I also bought the Glock-brand extensions which are +2 in 9mm, but I put them on my G27 mags which are +1 in .40.

G19. These were OK, until I also got a G19Gen5. For some reason (I can only suspect slightly different geometry with the new Gen5 slide-stop) I'll get an intermitttent premature slide lock-back when there's still one round left in the mag. These mags don't always feed well with steel-cased ammo (which many don't use anyway), but neither do stock Glock mags.

G17. I haven't yet noticed if there are any premature slide lock-back problems with my one Magpul 17 round Glock mag in my G17Gen5 and I haven't used this 17 round Magpul mag in my G19Gen5. These mags also don't feed steel-cased ammo as well as the stock Glock mags but the Glock mags aren't 100% either with steel cased ammo. If you only shoot brass-cased ammo then no worries. Due to my steel-cased ammo use, I did put stock Glock mag springs into a few of my Magpul 17 round mags which slightly helped.

Overall, I see no issues using Magpul Glock mags for carry in my Gen3 and Gen4 Glocks, but they're not approved by me for my G19Gen5. So far, I haven't had any problems with my 17 round Magpul mags in my G17Gen5, but I haven't really dedicated a few hundred rounds through just my Magpul 17 rounders to thoroughly feel confident with them other than in my Gen3 & Gen4 Glocks.

I haven't been trying the 15 and 17 rounders in the smaller Glocks; i.e. I use the 12 rounders in my G26 guns; the 15 rounders in my G19 guns; and the 17 rounders in my G17&34 guns.
    Last edited by L-2; 11-11-2017 at 11:08 PM.

The g26 Magpul extension may is awesome. It works really well.

Glock extensions have known issues with breaking.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    I hope the Magpul mags work because I have 5 on the way. From Midway, they cost $10 each instead of $25 each for OEM magazines. I figure I can have 5 magazines to use and abuse in training and in local matches and keep from putting that wear and tear on OEM mags. We’ll see how it works out.
    I bought mine on sale from Midway as well (6x 15-round). I picked up a couple of 17-round ones when I traded my P320 for a G17. So far they work fine for range use. I only use OEM mags for carry.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

I ran the 21s in USPSA this season, no issues at all with AE 147s in thousands of rounds through a 34 G4 MOS. They run after being dropped in the sand (much to the annoyance of Open shooters) and come apart quickly if needed for brushing out.

I have less experience with the 17 rounders but no issues there either.
    Last edited by Norville; 11-12-2017 at 09:10 AM.

User Tag List