Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Current Groupthink: Magpul Glock Magazines

I dealt with Magpul over some issues I had with a few AR Pmags and they were a pleasure to deal with. I contacted them about the Glock Pmags a few years ago when I first noticed issues and was told I needed to lightly lubricate the inside of the mag bodies. I tried that and it did not fix the issues. I just relegated all my Glock Pmags to range use only and never tried getting back in touch with Magpul.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    My biggest interest in Magpul Glock mags are their 10 rd mags for the G17 and 19. RI is about to go the way of MA and CT with mags, and I simply don’t trust Glocks 10 rd 17 & 19 mags.
    Good points-plus the 10 round .45 ACP G21 magazines require 3 men and a boy to load to full capacity, and even getting to 9 rounds can involve a disproportionate amount of oomph.

Best, Jon

Broken Followers

I skimmed through most of this thread and didn't see it mentioned, but has anyone broken the follower on their pmags? I've cracked 3 of the 21 round pmag followers in half. They split in half at the most narrow portion of the follower. Does anyone know if you can buy the followers and springs anywhere?

I mostly use the 21 round pmags for uspsa matches, range practice and dry fire and my observations are pretty much the same as the group. They feed reliably when using brass case ammo, but not so well with steel case. Also, they don't always lock the slide back, but this is mostly due to how I grip the gun.

Do the pmags have to be disassembled to view the crack?

Any pics? Since I've modified my mag bodies I haven't had any malfunctions other than the one I posted earlier.

Estimated 1k to 1.5k exclusively with pmags and 2 gen 3.g19s.

I still carry oem Glock though.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy11B3V5W View Post
    They feed reliably when using brass case ammo, but not so well with steel case.
    This has been my experience. At least until they get broken in.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Do the pmags have to be disassembled to view the crack?
    Two followers split in half, and made the slide unable to cycle. They came out in pieces. This happened while practicing dry fire and magazine changes. I noticed an additional split follower at a pro-am match. It was partially split, but was protruding past the feed lips of the mag. If I drop that mag on a hard surface now, the follower usually jumps past the feed lips.

My hunch is that if I were to invest in some some dummy rounds for dry practice, it would save the followers some of the abuse of getting slammed in the mag-well while trying to hit a par time for reloads.

I have 2 gen 3 g19s. One is about a year old from Boresight that runs 10 round (Ca) Magpul mags great. The other is about 11 years old and 99% of the time will not lock back empty with them. Factory mags work normal in the 11 year old model though...

Site Supporter
    Any new thoughts or experiences with these in the flavor of G17 and 10 rounds. I would like a few more for matches to avoid reloading magazines as I stand around. So I would be shooting FMJ and thus HP experiences don't count.

My Glock factory 10 rounds have been fine with FMJ. However, I see the Magpuls at a better price.

User Tag List