Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Groupthink: Magpul Glock Magazines

My G26 has FTF with a fully loaded PMag12. No issues with 11 rounds in it. My take: it is a 11 round mag.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My G26 has FTF with a fully loaded PMag12. No issues with 11 rounds in it. My take: it is a 11 round mag.
    Ditto

Thought I'd bump an old thread vs create a new one.

How's the current consensus of Magpul Glock mags? Still having issues, or are the new ones mostly G2G with brass ammo?

I'm especially interested in how the 21rd mags are performing, as they are selling for $16 vs $32 for the factory 24 mag - which is a big difference when you're buying 10-20 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Thought I'd bump an old thread vs create a new one.

How's the current consensus of Magpul Glock mags? Still having issues, or are the new ones mostly G2G with brass ammo?

I'm especially interested in how the 21rd mags are performing, as they are selling for $16 vs $32 for the factory 24 mag - which is a big difference when you're buying 10-20 of them.
    I haven’t tried those versions, but I ran several hundred rounds through 10rd 17 and 19 mags before leaving Hawaii and never had an issue - they were better than the Glock limited capacity mags IME. I’ve run less through the normal capacity 17 and 19 mags, but I own tons and have yet to have an issue. I was always surprised how many people thought they weren’t G2G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the earlier ones had some issues, but I have quite a few of them that I use for range mags. I have runs thousands upon thousands of rounds through them with multiple guns and have never had an issue. I carry a few in my go bag loaded and ready to go. I don't carry them in my duty rig, but I don't have a problem with them if I had to.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 03-26-2019 at 06:35 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

After having run a few cases at least through the standard capacity and limited capacity Glock PMAGs, I’d say they’re good to go enough to be used seriously if needed. The springs seem to be pretty strong for what the magazine really needs and the plastic feed lips probably aren’t ideal. Given their price, however, worst case scenario is that you’re replacing the magazine sooner than an OEM unit, but their cost is lower too.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I know the earlier ones had some issues, but I have quite a few of them that I use for range mags. I have runs thousands upon thousands of rounds through them with multiple guns and have never had an issue. I carry a few in my go bag loaded and ready to go. I don't carry them in my duty rig, but I don't have a problem with them if I had to.

TXPO
    I have 6 p mags and a dozen ets mags of 15 round capacity and have had failures to feed out of both brands. It’s obvious the round didn’t pop up quite fast enough to feed properly. This is with brass case ammo. Have never had this happen with a Glock factory mag in 15,000 plus rounds of use.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I've been using the 10 round G19 mags in my Ruger PC Carbine without any issues. They fit a little looser in the magazine well than the factory Glock mags do but I have been unable to induce a failure with forward, rearward, or sideward pressure on the magazine. My only concern about them is long term wear on the magazine lips but given that they are reduced capacity $12 magazines - I regard them as throwaway items.

My two month old GL21 has been free of issues so far. A touch over half a case worth of brass. At this point, I trust it enough for use as my spare.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    After having run a few cases at least through the standard capacity and limited capacity Glock PMAGs, I’d say they’re good to go enough to be used seriously if needed. The springs seem to be pretty strong for what the magazine really needs and the plastic feed lips probably aren’t ideal. Given their price, however, worst case scenario is that you’re replacing the magazine sooner than an OEM unit, but their cost is lower too.

I have pretty much the same experience. I've run about 2 cases (1 case of aluminum) through the 8 I have and they've run fine the entire time.

Chris

User Tag List