Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Groupthink: Magpul Glock Magazines

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Current Groupthink: Magpul Glock Magazines

I was thumbing through this thread and this thread to see what the opinions on Magpul's Glock mags are. Those threads are a little dated, so I wanted to start a new one.

Are these magazines worth stockpiling? I was using a Magpul 21-round magazine in my Glock 34 that experienced a funky failure-to-feed not too long ago. I was using 124-grain FMJ, of which many thousands of rounds had been fired without issue. That left me a little shaken with regards to the mag's reliability.

With the present political situation, I've concluded it's never not the time to hoard magazines. But I want to make sure what I'm buying is going to work.

Thoughts?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Good to go in my opinion, as I stated in those threads only issue I had was with a Zev extension on one of those mags - it failed to feed and locked the slide to the rear on several different general glocks. I have several 21 round and 17 round magpul mags, zero issues, would carry with them if needed.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

In my experience with the G17 equivalent mag, they are functionally equal to OEM minus witness holes.

In my experience the G26 mag and the 21 round mags will run but not lock back at empty consistently.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

My experience has been the same a VDM. I’ve never used steel or aluminum cased ammo in my magpul Glock mags, though. I’ve heard reports these don’t work as well as brass.

I would only buy the 21 rounders. Regular Glock mags are so cheap, that the price difference doesn’t seem worth it for the regular capacity ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short answer no

Personally I have never seen the allure of Magpul Glock magazines over factory OEM glock mags even if saving a few bucks per mag.

Magpul magazines continue to produce failures in certain guns. I don’t see why anyone would carry magpul mags when Glock OEMs have been gtg.

I only have Magpul Glock magazines in 12 round, 15 round and 17 round capacities and haven't had a failure with any of them thus far. I'm comfortable enough with the 12 round magazines to use with my G26 when it's carried concealed. Otherwise, they are all used for training and qualifications.
    Last edited by blues; 11-11-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Never had any issues with them and they've worked great. I've use the 12 rounders for the 26 and 15 rounds for tha 19.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Short answer no

Personally I have never seen the allure of Magpul Glock magazines over factory OEM glock mags even if saving a few bucks per mag.

Magpul magazines continue to produce failures in certain guns. I don’t see why anyone would carry magpul mags when Glock OEMs have been gtg.
    So do you have experience with Magpul magazines? If so what is it?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I have 10 of the 17 round PMAGs that will be put through a course this week. I'll report back on Thursday night or Friday how they did given the round count and exposure to the elements.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    I have several that I've been using for about 18 months as range magazines in my Gen3 19. So far, not a single failure. I've burned through a bit more than a case of ammo in that time.

In this area, the Magpul mags are 1/2 to 2/3 the cost of the equivalent Glock mag (ratio depends on whether or not the Glock mag is on sale or not).

Chris

User Tag List