Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC: Smaller vs Larger

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Changed my mind. Reopened. I'd like to see where this goes...
    [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]...let’s see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point everyone else is making is that without times/scores, you (the generic you and you specifically) might not be as aware as you think you are.
    Yeah. I get that. But please rest assured that I am. And that is not the point of the thread. That’s why I’m like “huh”...it’s not about “me”. Just looking for others thoughts on why they do what THEY do. Hope that helps.

There is no way that I can shoot my G26 as well as my G19, at least with the original 10 rd mag in it. I would say I'm alt least 2 seconds slower on the FAST with the G26. I also carry a LCP everyday and of course I'm way slower with it.

For me it comes down to convenience, The G26 is lighter and shorter and with the seats in my truck I can drive for hours without it jabbing me in my fat roll like the G19 does. If the weather is such that I can wear suspenders and an overshirt, I'll carry the G19 all day. If its 100 degrees or I'll be driving for an extended time, it's G26 time.

G19, G26 or LCP doesn't change my confidence in engaging a shooter, it just means I'll have to be a little more attentive and will probably be shooting a little more carefully.

OP, there are a lot of very smart, very proficient and very experienced people on this board. Telling people to take up bowling will not get them to share their knowledge, experience and opinions with you.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Quote Originally Posted by GCBHM View Post
    Well, again, as I stated, the format in which I shot was given. It’s pretty straight forward. There were no timers, no people standing by to record my times or scores. Just me shooting the gun. I’m really wondering why all the “can you quantify” nonsense. I’m not a competition shooter.
    See, there's the rub. You're making a claim that your performance with the subcompact is just as good as with the service-sized gun, yet you aren't even actually measuring your performance. You're making a claim that you cannot support with factual data. In other words, you're going off of a subjective feeling.

This gets back to the earlier points made: When these claims are made, it's most often by people who are unable to support their claim (such as yourself, here), or the claim is made by someone who is conflating "good enough" with "just as good." I don't find anything particularly egregious about someone saying, "Fuck it, I'm carrying my Walther PPS because it's good enough." I'll be the first to say that sometimes I carry my PM9 simply because I'm lazy, and the recent shootings have snapped me out of it and I haven't touched the thing in months. I could tell myself that it's just as good, because I've shot a perfect score with it on my agency's qual......but that would be lying to myself.

This has nothing to do with shooting competition, judging how good you are or insulting you. This isn't even about "you", it's about your claims. This has to do with making supportable statements, and hashing out the operative factors at play here.
    Last edited by TGS; 11-10-2017 at 06:12 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Ever do this working from concealment, while employing a timer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    From concealment, yes, timer, no. Again...what do you do? Not all about me here. Geez!

Dear God...just shut I‎t down. I’m done here and with this forum. Lot a silly ass personalities here. Sorry I joined.

Vaya con dios.

I, too, was once a freshman who liked to challenge the professors. Contemplation and experience with distance from some forums are a good thing.

As to the thread, I like the biggest gun I can carry within the bounds of Rule #1. The standards I adhere too have never been more achievable with a smaller gun, just more challenging, and as life goes on and I face more demands I will probably go back to a G19 or 1911.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 11-10-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Perhaps I’m overly sensitive to the the tone some of the posts here appear to be taking, or maybe I’m just prescient, either way what’s the over/under on the post count where this thread goes irrecoverably stupid and gets closed?
    I missed the closing, but Captain Hindsight says 30 was the number for rage quitting.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I was actually going to suggest Post #19 for where it got stupid, but then I went searching for the popcorn .gif...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List