Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Handguard for a Colt 6920 OEM2

On the ALG, check their Blems regularly. $80 for my 15in rail. It is purple but that's cool [emoji846]

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Thanks; this looks like a great option (and it comes in gray, which is awesome). Does anyone know if ALG typically has sales for Black Friday? I may wait until then just to see (not that the price now isn't reasonable).

I appreciate all the suggestions; keep it up!
    No problem. And yeah, they do several sales a year.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Honest question: what do the "higher end" HGs do that the ALG doesn't? Is it just easier install without timing? I'm going to keep an eye out for deals this holiday season and buy pieces for another upper that I'll build next year.

I've had a 13" ALG for ~2 years now and it's been great. It was cheap and it's held up to abuse. I don't generally mount stuff to my HG, but I have occasionally used a bipod, light, irons, and offset MRDS with it. I honestly don't have any complaints, but I'm just a hobbyist gamer/hunter.

And yes- wait for a sale. The ALG rails are crazy cheap when on sale.
    Honestly, after having an ALG EMR V1, a Mk8 and now a Mk14; For 100% of my uses, the ALG was perfect. I'll probably get laughed at for the reasons why I built the rifle above...

Site Supporter
    Thanks; this looks like a great option (and it comes in gray, which is awesome). Does anyone know if ALG typically has sales for Black Friday? I may wait until then just to see (not that the price now isn't reasonable).

I appreciate all the suggestions; keep it up!
    Both ALG and Geissele normally have Black Friday / cyber Monday sales.

May I ask how long the barrel and handguard are in this photo?
    13” rail, 14.5” barrel
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I got a 13" Centurion CMR M-Lok off of Ebay for $190.00 shipped. Very happy with it overall and redefined what a lightweight, slim, low profile rail should be in my mind. Colt seemed to agree with this consensus as well.

That being said, I would have a hard time NOT buying on of those MK14 Geissle's for future builds. Everything they build is just awesome.

Site Supporter

Handguard for a Colt 6920 OEM2

Update: I got an ALG V2 MLOK hand guard, and I like it a lot! The rifle is almost complete.

Colt 6920 OEM2
    Steiner P4xi 1-4x24mm
    Aero scope mount
    Magpul MBUS PRO sights
    Magpul CTR stock
    Streamlight HL-X (1000 lumens)
    Magpul cantilever scout mount
    Tango Down mags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Le Français; 12-18-2017 at 04:44 PM.

I've used rails ranging from the issued KAC RAS to DD LITE III's to Midwest industries MLOKs. Since I got my Geissele Mk. 14, I don't see myself going with anything else in the future. It's not much over $200 either, especially when you consider the price of a rail compared to the price of the ammo you will put through the rifle.
    Last edited by Moshjath; 12-24-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Is anyone selling an Mlok handguard that attaches to the stock barrel nut that's also worth a shit?
    @rob_s Did you find anything other than the Troy Alpha?

I mailed Centurion back in March asking if they planned on doing an M-Lok with a cut out for a FSB. They said they planned to but had no ETA. I'll follow up after the holidays to see if there's any more news and if they are planning to use the standard barrel nut or their own.

I’ve been happy with my Colt OEM/Troy VTAC Alpha rail. It’s not the best rail on the market anymore and not M-LOK of course. It does keep the original Colt Barrel nut, gas block, etc in place if that’s important to you. I bought it used for less than $100. There’s some good prices on used VTAC rails from time to time as people upgrade to the newer style rails. It had been bead/sand blasted and cerakoted by the original owner. @Buckshot installed the IWC QD slingmount for me. Weight as pictured is 7 lbs 5 ounces.

Name:  37ECCAED-1F1F-4F27-B773-5EC411CBC11F.jpg
Views: 2476
Size:  57.6 KBName:  51D4B665-D34E-4899-AF9B-913AD3CAF7AF.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  60.2 KB
    Last edited by KG; 12-26-2017 at 12:16 PM.

User Tag List