Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Handguard for a Colt 6920 OEM2

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I know you said under $200, but Brownells is having a sale on Geissele and you can get the excellent MK8 MLOK for $215 right now (https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...TOMATICS%2bLLC)

I use these hand guards on my personal carbines as well as @karmapolice and @texasaggie2005.

Attachment 21527
    Mk8's are awesome handguards for sure. I recently sold that upper, and am now rocking the Mk14. Which I greatly prefer over the Mk8.

Attachment 21528

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Mk8's are awesome handguards for sure. I recently sold that upper, and am now rocking the Mk14. Which I greatly prefer over the Mk8.
    mk8 for life, but if you have small hands like the bk commercial I guess the mk14 would be okay.

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  13.8 KB

Last edited by karmapolice; 11-10-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Site Supporter
    How do you feel about the Troy for hard use? I've installed several for customers and even had one for a couple weeks myself. I've never been thrilled with the barrel nut lockup/anti-rotation measures.
    I've had a Troy VTAC Alppha for several years but I can't say I've run it hard.

A better measure would be the FBI's use of the standard cheesegrater Alpha on their issued and personal purchase Colt Rifles. They have since switched to the Geissele MK 4 on the issued rifles but the existing Alpha's are still in use and are still standard on the POW rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Is anyone selling an Mlok handguard that attaches to the stock barrel nut that's also worth a shit?
    A buddy has a 12" Fortis Rev II on a range toy. No clue whether or not it's good, and he won't be hard enough on it to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    mk8 for life, but if you have small hands like the bk commercial I guess the mk14 would be okay.
    Ouch, but sorta true...

Site Supporter

Attachment 21528
    I have a MK 8 on my SPR build. It's great but I would go with a MK 13 or 14 for a carbine build.

Site Supporter
    I know you said under $200, but Brownells is having a sale on Geissele and you can get the excellent MK8 MLOK for $215 right now (https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...TOMATICS%2bLLC)

I use these hand guards on my personal carbines as well as @karmapolice and @texasaggie2005.

Attachment 21527

May I ask how long the barrel and handguard are in this photo?

Site Supporter
    The ALG EMR V2 13" will set you back $155, and is a solid handguard.
    Thanks; this looks like a great option (and it comes in gray, which is awesome). Does anyone know if ALG typically has sales for Black Friday? I may wait until then just to see (not that the price now isn't reasonable).

I appreciate all the suggestions; keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Thanks; this looks like a great option (and it comes in gray, which is awesome). Does anyone know if ALG typically has sales for Black Friday? I may wait until then just to see (not that the price now isn't reasonable).

I appreciate all the suggestions; keep it up!
    They offered 20% off everything on Black Friday last year. Geiselle was 25%. Patiently waiting as I want another SSA trigger.

Honest question: what do the "higher end" HGs do that the ALG doesn't? Is it just easier install without timing? I'm going to keep an eye out for deals this holiday season and buy pieces for another upper that I'll build next year.

I've had a 13" ALG for ~2 years now and it's been great. It was cheap and it's held up to abuse. I don't generally mount stuff to my HG, but I have occasionally used a bipod, light, irons, and offset MRDS with it. I honestly don't have any complaints, but I'm just a hobbyist gamer/hunter.

And yes- wait for a sale. The ALG rails are crazy cheap when on sale.

Ive got a 13 ALG V3 in DDC that's going on my 6720 on Monday.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List