Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This just makes me grin, .500 Special

This just makes me grin, .500 Special

You know, because .500 Magnum messes with your split times. I’m not going to lie, the thought of .500 wadcutters does make me happy. Revolver calibers are just cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I shot a few of those 700 grain 500 loads about a year ago when a customer had me come into the range to try it. That was an incredible amount of recoil, so for someone shooting an x frame regularly it looks like good news for them.

I had the pleasure of shooting a Freedom Arms .475 Linebaugh once and discovered my upper limit for handgun recoil... and discovered a really bad desire for such a gun as well.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I'd be grinning even wider if there was also a dedicated, 500 Special sized gun to shoot these in

Seems like a good idea to me. I fired a 500 Magnum for the first time in my life yesterday at the range.

One round from that big Smith quite literally left my palm bruised -- and left a HUGE grin on my face

Quote Originally Posted by ExMachina View Post
    I'd be grinning even wider if there was also a dedicated, 500 Special sized gun to shoot these in
    Circa 1990s, Hamilton Bowen built some .500 Linebaugh Special revolvers. 1.2'' case length vs 1.4'' for the Linebaugh Magnum and 1.6'' for the Linebaugh Maximum. Roughly 3 pound handguns though some were lighter.

A man has gotta know his limitations......will you hit a target more times with a big caliber like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin62 View Post
    A man has gotta know his limitations......will you hit a target more times with a big caliber like that.
    It is a hunting cartridge so a quick follow-up is second to terminal effects at appropriate distances.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    I’m not going to lie, the thought of .500 wadcutters does make me happy.
    Because a .44 might expand, but a .500 will never shrink.

...I'd probably buy this in a Super Redhawk because reasons.

Site Supporter
    Cuz they don't make a .51

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

User Tag List