Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sen. Rand Paul Assault

My guess is the locals put the "weak" charge on paper simply as a placeholder, per say, because they knew the feds would be bringing an 18 USC 351 charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    Sounds like he’s attempting to solve the matter himself.

Regardless of our differences in opinion as to what we believe Rand Paul’s outlook is, hopefully we can agree that no one should be assaulted, especially a US Senator.
    What?

A civil suit for monetary damages (paying for lost productivity, hospital bills, etc) has nothing to do with enforcing criminal law or "solving the matter himself".
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post

Regardless of our differences in opinion as to what we believe Rand Paul’s outlook is, hopefully we can agree that no one should be assaulted, especially a US Senator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    Sounds like federal charges are forthcoming:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ainst-attacker
    I hope that this happens.

If Senator Rand dies of his injuries, then the crime is assassination. The attacker deserves his day in court, and I hope that it costs him a fortune in legal fees, disruption to his life, and general social scorn. If convicted, then I hope that he receives a heavy sentence with no possibility of parole.

Legislators on both sides of the aisle need to publicly condemn this act and disavow the actor. People need to learn that we don't do that here.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I hope that this happens.

If Senator Rand dies of his injuries, then the crime is assassination. The attacker deserves his day in court, and I hope that it costs him a fortune in legal fees, disruption to his life, and general social scorn. If convicted, then I hope that he receives a heavy sentence with no possibility of parole.

Legislators on both sides of the aisle need to publicly condemn this act and disavow the actor. People need to learn that we don't do that here.

Okie John
    I'm figuring there might have been a boot or bludgeon involved unless Rand was just hurled into his mower or some such.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm figuring there might have been a boot or bludgeon involved unless Rand was just hurled into his mower or some such.
    Or it was a linebacker style tackle that put him down hard.

I know it's not as entertaining as conspiracy theories, but: 2 doctors + 1 uptight HOA gated community x yard waste dispute = assholes fighting over property lines and grass clippings. Stupid shit gets physical even with educated people who should know better. I went on one neighbor fight call that was pretty short and one sided. Neighbor 1 complained about neighbor 2's dog. Neighbor 2 responded to the complaint with a shovel to the side of neighbor 1's head and an instant KO. One to the trauma center with a serious head injury and one to jail...because one guy's dog took a dump in the other guy's yard.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    People need to learn that we don't do that here.

Okie John
    Amen. As much as I dislike most of our political class, physical attacks towards politicians threatens the entire country. It cannot be permitted or condoned and must be punished if we are to preserve even our vestigial Republic.

Site Supporter
    6 broken ribs, pulmonary contusions, and pleural effusion =/= being tackled.

Maybe it started with a tackle, but it ended with a stomping or several.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I could imagine a hellacious blast double leg takedown causing 6 broken ribs, etc., to someone who doesn't have developed intercostal muscles, or know how to breakfall. If the grass is short, it could be an incredibly harsh surface to take a driving, airborne, double leg on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Amen. As much as I dislike most of our political class, physical attacks towards politicians threatens the entire country. It cannot be permitted or condoned and must be punished if we are to preserve even our vestigial Republic.
    Here's an interesting question, so where was his U.S. Secret Service detail? He's supposed to have 24 hour protection.

This reminds me of U.S. Senator Harry Reid Dem. NV "tripping" in his house and breaking his nose and face.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-his-bathroom/

Reminded of Los Angeles Sheriff Sherman Block as well.
    http://www.nytimes.com/1998/10/30/us...heriff-74.html

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDevil View Post
    Here's an interesting question, so where was his U.S. Secret Service detail? He's supposed to have 24 hour protection.
    What position does he hold that would result in a Secret Service detail while he mows the lawn at his home?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List