Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountain bikes

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Went for a short spin with my daughter this morning on the city trails. Felt good to ride.

So far this is the best edit I have seen of this ride. I did it once, but it was more surviving than thriving. Epic fun though. I wanted to hit it last year but did not do it. Maybe this year. I will definitely want to be in better shape next time I do it.

Great video. I want to move to the mountains in a bad way.

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post

That's great!!

😁 I just sent that video to two buddies yesterday who are both newly encumbered with infants. Lol.

Hammertime

Mountain bikes

And after shoving the G26 into bike shorts for the drive home:

Last edited by Doc_Glock; 05-24-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Shred some gnar on our local ancient lake bonneville shoreline trail today. Finally upgraded the old 2002 Rockhopper for a new Rossignol R-duro. Modern Plus size tubeless tires have amazing traction! Dropper post is a big improvement as well. Now I just need to regain enough stamina to take advantage of all this modern traction.

I followed these instructions to buy a bike:

https://youtu.be/yotOZVELSMc

Last edited by EMC; 05-25-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Site Supporter
    Gorgeous view man.

Now, someone buy my Top Fuel 8 so I can get a Fuel EX 8 - make ya a deal!

New bike day this week. I've been on a waiting list for the matte black Ripmo frame, but they've been backordered for a number of months in my size. The blue color became available so I jumped on it. I'm pretty excited to get to vet a longer travel 29er for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    New bike day this week. I've been on a waiting list for the matte black Ripmo frame, but they've been backordered for a number of months in my size. The blue color became available so I jumped on it. I'm pretty excited to get to vet a longer travel 29er for my needs.

Dang you must be a large dude being able to wrangle a 29er long travel with some pretty high riser bars. You'll roll over everything.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    Dang you must be a large dude being able to wrangle a 29er long travel with some pretty high riser bars. You'll roll over everything.

I’m only 6’2” but generally opt for the smaller more nimble frame size for me (large in this case) and use riser bars and spacers to get stack numbers where I need them. But yeah, I prefer a more upright position than some, with the saddle and the bars at about the same height.

First few rides in, she certainly seems to be a smasher. At least compared to my Ripley. More interestingly though, the bike retains a lot of playfulness and poppy-ness, despite being 160/145.

User Tag List