Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountain bikes

Waiting on spring to put some more miles on this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Damn, only yesterday did I realize that you are the same Enel from the MTBR forums who got me hooked on a Jones steel diamond frame with truss fork back in 2013. Well played, sir, well played! Awesome bike, I have not regretted the purchase!
    Hahaha awesome. I wasted too much of my life on that forum, but it was fun.

Still have the Jones with a spare frame for when I break it and zero desire to change.

I need a bike so I can let my shins rest from running all the time, and I suspect a Trek Marlin 7 or Roscoe or something is in my future since they're localish.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Rode my new (to me) Yeti SB5 today. I've traditionally ridden 29er XC bikes for the last several years. Years ago I made the jump from 26" wheels to 29" without checking out 27.5". A few months ago I decided I wanted to try out a more trail oriented bike and I'm a Yeti fan boy so I knew it would be an SB4.5, SB5, or SB5.5. I came across a good deal on this SB5 figured I'd give 27.5” a spin. So far so good! I love this thing!!!

P.S.- I had my first experience with the theproscloset.com and it was great. If you want a nice bike, have limited funds, and don't mind buying used check them out! They even accept trades which was very helpful in my case.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I'm envious of you guys with dry ground. We're inundated with the white stuff so I'm relegated to pedaling the fat bike till spring. Turns out pushing those 4.8s uphill is pretty good exercise.

The sunset was kinda nice on an evening pedal earlier this week.

We haven't seen much snow but we've been getting lots of rain. I missed half of my usual route due to waterlogged or flooded trails. That Kona is a versatile rig!

Yeah, it is. Although I didn't really appreciate that when I bought it. I bought it for use predominantly as a fat bike. But I've been tickled riding it in its 29" configuration. Both in plus and in more standard 2.5" configuration.

Went for a short spin with my daughter this morning on the city trails. Felt good to ride.

So far this is the best edit I have seen of this ride. I did it once, but it was more surviving than thriving. Epic fun though. I wanted to hit it last year but did not do it. Maybe this year. I will definitely want to be in better shape next time I do it.

Last edited by cornstalker; 03-09-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    monarch crest
    On a CO trip last year - 5 days in and I shattered my wrist at Hartman Rocks the day before our Monarch Crest ride - didn't get to do that one but it's still on the list.

Picked up my Trek Roscoe 7 last Thursday. Ready for the snow up here to fuck the fuck off.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List