Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountain bikes

Site Supporter

Mountain bikes

Who’s got them, where do you ride them?

Broke my last mid level (from 95), and am pinching pennies for a Trek Fuel Ex 8 - need some inspiration while I’m without a MTB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ride a Ellsworth Evolution 29'r in the southern Rocky Mountains, around the Texas Hill Country and at least one trip a year to Moab.
    The Ellsworth 29'r is like riding on a cloud.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    I ride a bike I built myself several years ago. The frame is a Taiwan-sourced aluminum hardtail 29r, the parts are a mishmash of stuff. Fork is a chromoly rigid fork (glutton for punishment). Gearing is 1x9 with a 32x34 low. I ride the Mid-Atlantic region, and parts of the Appalachian mountains in VA, WV, TN, and NC.

ChrisName:  309591_2616245362751_739754515_n.jpg
Views: 1257
Size:  90.6 KB

Chris

I ride a Niner Jet Nine here in Utah. We are fortunate to have some of the best mountain biking trails in the West.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

I ride a Yeti ASRc 29er. I mostly ride east TN and western NC. 2017 was my 20th anniversary of getting into mountain biking, it's my drug.

I got bikes. My MTB is an Stumpjumper FSR.

My latest bike is a gravel bike (Salsa Warbird carbon), which I bought last month. I'm looking forward to getting some miles on that bike.

I still ride the first MTB I owned, which was a Rockhopper that I bought in 1992. I commuted to work on it yesterday.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm 6'4". Found a custom enormous Kona hardtail frame built for Ryan Trebon on Ebay and built it up from components quite a few years ago. Pretty much like an AR built on stripped receivers. It actually fits me, and I love it. Loved riding it in SoCal. Hate the flatness here in Houston.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    2017 was my 20th anniversary of getting into mountain biking, it's my drug.
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    I still ride the first MTB I owned, which was a Rockhopper that I bought in 1992. I commuted to work on it yesterday.
    Damn I feel old.
    My first mountain bike was a chromoly Takara way back in 1981.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-09-2017 at 08:33 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Name:  IMG_0975.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  62.5 KB

From a dirt-road ride in early spring. Water in the sun, ice in the shade.
    Last edited by peterb; 11-09-2017 at 08:39 PM.

A huge passion for me for a lot of life until I got hurt at the cop job. Hit 55 mph in the daytime and 45 at night on the Mammoth Mountain Kamikazi Downhill. Followed the race circuit, and used to watch Mrs. GJM race professionally. I just started riding a little again lately. My bikes floored the shop guys in retro cool factor. Mantis Flying V and a Cannondale Tandem. The Mantis is my baby. Most new to this won't get the significance of a hand built Richard Cunningham bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List