Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountain bikes

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Very nice. Is that a Lenz? I've always watched Mike Curiak's videos on those with interest. Where I live, they don't make much sense.
    Lenz, yes. I got it second hand from Curiak😲.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Curiak😲.
    Hah! Small world.

He's built the most durable set of wheels I've owned. Stainless Hope Pro Trials SS Hubs, gen1 Stan's flows. Blue nips and stainless spokes. Never even had to have them trued in 7 years.

On the ol' beater SS.

Name:  IMG_1713.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  84.5 KB

Trek Farley 7 fat bike in the Guadalupe mountains today.
    Awesome bike for the rugged desert southwest. It floats through the rock gardens and across the deep sand washes.
    Most fun I've had on a mountain bike in years.

Name:  guads1.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  95.7 KB
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Wicked little short down and back trail.
    Super steep and covered in baseball + sized rocks.
    The fat bike pretty much cruised it in comparison to my 29er. But "cruise" is relative, it's still a massive bitch of a ride.
    The climb back out was where the fat low pressure rear tire shined, how much traction? ALL the traction.
    The only limitation was my will to succeed or die trying.
    Fun times.

Name:  devilsdenguads2.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  101.9 KB
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Gonna need some GoPro, bro.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Thanks to www.growlerbikes.com I picked up two new bikes this year! The first was their incredible Nitro Stout Carbon 27.5” fat bike and the other was their Session IPA Gravel bike (in their limited edition Oktoberfest flavor...)
    The Nitro Stout chews up and digests the roughest trails and is a boatload of fun to ride. The Oktoberfest is still very new, but on several off-road excursions, I’m more than impressed with its capabilities.
    Growler bikes is an outstanding LEO owned company from upstate NY and I can’t recommend them enough! Great guys to deal with and an excellent sales, shipping and CS network.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Been stuck pedaling the hardtail around in the snow for a couple months in order to keep my two wheeled fix taken care of.

COVID has made the new release timing in the bicycle world a bit whacky. I don't think I've ever had "new bike day" mid-winter before. But I took possession of the next mid travel 29er experiment last week. I've really been wanting to spend some dedicated time on a DELTA link bike for a bit now.

Pure EVIL! I have never ridden any of Evil's bikes but I'm interested in them. I hope to demo a Following one of these days but one I'm most interested is the Chamois Hagar. It looks like it would be the perfect curly bar bike for a mountain biker.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Been stuck pedaling the hardtail around in the snow for a couple months in order to keep my two wheeled fix taken care of.

COVID has made the new release timing in the bicycle world a bit whacky. I don't think I've ever had "new bike day" mid-winter before. But I took possession of the next mid travel 29er experiment last week. I've really been wanting to spend some dedicated time on a DELTA link bike for a bit now.

Assume that's the latest version of 'The Following'?

Looking forward to your impressions, as that one is on my list. I've been on custom steel hard tails (29er and a 29+ that I really love) but looking at a big-wheeled 'geriatric bike' (full suspension) since I'm over 60 (but STILL riding and loving mtb).

Please post follow-up on how she rides!

-Rainman

Grabbed a Surly Krampus SUS for myself and a Trek Roscoe 7 for my son.
    Been having a blast riding together on modern old school hardtails.

Going to start racing again as well, the two of us are going to do a two man team 12 hour race in October.
    https://ziarides.com/event/wild-west/

User Tag List