Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Mountain bikes

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckSS View Post
    Anyone have a recommendation for a 27.5 hardtail with 1x gearing? Mostly for XC, budget would be ~$1000, maybe $1500.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck
    I’d look at Marin. They’ve been getting great reviews for good geometry and value in the lower-priced end of the MTB market. https://www.marinbikes.com

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Is this a Mikesee inspired project?
    Whoa now there's some cross-forum posting happening there!

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Whoa now there's some cross-forum posting happening there!
    A bike thread here goes over a hell of a lot better than a gun thread there...

Hammertime

I don’t like to think one can buy skill with a bike any more than with a gun, but this thing is a real game changer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post

I don’t like to think one can buy skill with a bike any more than with a gun, but this thing is a real game changer for me.
    Just need to ride an early 2000's hard tail with V brakes again to see how far bikes have come and how much more capable they are. I get my old one out every so often to remind myself. [emoji1]

Still getting used to the slightly different riding position and getting the suspension dialed to where I like it, but the Ripmo continues to impress. Here are some shots from a couple pre-work rides yesterday and this morning. Check out the large sections of aspen forest that were mowed down during one of this past winter's avalanche cycles.

Watching urban downhill videos stresses me out. Well done video though. There are a couple of crash out takes toward the end.

“If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Watching urban downhill videos stresses me out. Well done video though. There are a couple of crash out takes toward the end.

I saw this and his much better (IMO) trials video he posted earlier and my comment to my kids was: He will end up badly injured or killed if he keeps this up for a decade. Huge balls, great riding, but still...

Last edited by Doc_Glock; 12-10-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Nice!

I'm a Stumpjumper fanboy... I splurged on this one in May. First newish bike in 12 years, long travel 29er. Very different than the old 2006 26 expert fsr....

Attachment 40951
    Jess, can you say where the picture was taken? I'm near CDA, curious if that trail is near here. Good looking bike.

1996 Rockhopper

User Tag List