Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 LastLast

Thread: Fixed blade picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I guess that makes me a philistine as I keep on using them.
    Makes you a baller. Anyone who opens utility bills with a BT is a baller.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Makes you a baller. Anyone who opens utility bills with a BT is a baller.
    Me and “baller” go together like gummy bears and grizzlies.

I’m just this silly person that thinks if I can cut with it, I probably should.

Plus, they cut cake good. :-)

Name:  IMG_6292.jpeg
Views: 548
Size:  62.9 KB
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Me and “baller” go together like gummy bears and grizzlies.

I’m just this silly person that thinks if I can cut with it, I probably should.

Plus, they cut cake good. :-)

Name:  IMG_6292.jpeg
Views: 548
Size:  62.9 KB
    Gotta tag @SouthNarc on that pic, just because. A little outside of the design constraints, but still awesome.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

This is a piece I've been holding back on for a bit, because it takes a while to describe.

This was made by Jason Fry in 2020. It is James Black-inspired, 1836-layer damascus, Oak handle, and brass pins.

The damascus includes iron nails recovered from a farmhouse that stood at the edge of the San Jacinto battlefield. The oak comes from the 'Houston Oak', the tree under which, legend has it, Santa Anna surrendered to Sam Houston after the Battle of San Jacinto. And the pins in the handles are made from brass pins from saddle tack decorations recovered from the Sea of Mud Archeological excavations.

James Black, for those who don't know, is generally believed to have been the maker of Bowie's original knives. A knife attributed to Black was recovered from the Sea of Mud excavations and serves as the inspiration for this blade.

Better pictures forthcoming. I had a set and they appear to be lost in translation. So, suck it up buttercups.

Name:  IMG_0251.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  29.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    This is a piece I've been holding back on for a bit, because it takes a while to describe.

This was made by Jason Fry in 2020. It is James Black-inspired, 1836-layer damascus, Oak handle, and brass pins.

The damascus includes iron nails recovered from a farmhouse that stood at the edge of the San Jacinto battlefield. The oak comes from the 'Houston Oak', the tree under which, legend has it, Santa Anna surrendered to Sam Houston after the Battle of San Jacinto. And the pins in the handles are made from brass pins from saddle tack decorations recovered from the Sea of Mud Archeological excavations.

James Black, for those who don't know, is generally believed to have been the maker of Bowie's original knives. A knife attributed to Black was recovered from the Sea of Mud excavations and serves as the inspiration for this blade.

Better pictures forthcoming. I had a set and they appear to be lost in translation. So, suck it up buttercups.

Name:  IMG_0251.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  29.9 KB
    I love this knife.

Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Cold Steel Warcraft Tanto San Mai III Medium in a Foreman's Pocket Scabbard.

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Cold Steel Warcraft Tanto San Mai III Medium in a Foreman's Pocket Scabbard
    Is it an elf or a dwarf tanto?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Is it an elf or a dwarf tanto?
    At 10-3/8" AOL including sheath, it's a perfect fit in the right-front zippered pocket of Duluth Foreman's Pants. :-)

Blade measures 5.5 inches in length, 1.375 inches in width at the rear and is made of 5 mm thick San Mai III steel. The blade features a hollow grind on the main edge and a straight grind on the forward edge. As is typically the case with the upper end Cold Steel knives, it came out of the box razor sharp. I found a great Cyber Monday deal on the knife that I couldn't pass up!

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Lionhearted Pikal, fresh from South Africa, in the appropriate handle color:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List