Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixed blade picture thread

I rehandled an old kitchen knife for some friends recently, here's the result. The wood is California Buckeye Burl:

I met up with an old friend, John Davis, who is a knife maker in Selah, Wa. After a nice long visit, he pressed a case into my hand as I was leaving and told me not to open it until I got home. Imagine my surprise when I opened it and this is what I found. Just need to make and IWB sheath and this is my new EDC Knife

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Very nice...........

I am hoping to one day own a nice custom fixed blade, but not nearly as familiar with the custom knife guys as I am the custom gun guys.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    Just need to make and IWB sheath and this is my new EDC Knife
    That's going to look in horsehide! Very nice!
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Sean, John is a great guy. I remember when he first got into making knives about 20 years ago. Great horse trader too, if you know what I mean.

Mario, That's what I was thinking too. Got to find a nice mottled piece for this one.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

I've got lots of horses.......pass him my contact info..............
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Jason Brous Custom.

"Maleficus" by Ian Wendt
    Carbonfiber/titanium laminate blade, G10 textured grip (no magnetic signature).
    "Clinch pick" style knife designed for horizontal centerline carry, forward grip edge up or weak hand reverse grip edge in.

Last edited by JodyH; 02-23-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    "Maleficus" by Ian Wendt
    Carbonfiber/titanium laminate blade, G10 textured grip (no magnetic signature).
    "Clinch pick" style knife designed for horizontal centerline carry, forward grip edge up or weak hand reverse grip edge in.

Is that as nice as it looks? How would one go about ordering such a knife?
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

User Tag List