Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixed blade picture thread

Name:  IMG_20180114_154800.jpg
Views: 1207
Size:  32.3 KB

Yeah, I like pointy things.

The main one I carry is the SOCP Dagger in appendix position at 11:00.

Occasionally its the Colonel Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Name:  IMG_20180114_154800.jpg
Views: 1207
Size:  32.3 KB

Yeah, I like pointy things.

The main one I carry is the SOCP Dagger in appendix position at 11:00.

Occasionally its the Colonel Blade.
    I am interested in the Colonel blade ... have 2 CPs and a “hobo tactical”. Wondering if the Colonel is a potential push dagger alternative. What is you experience with it ? Worth it ? Compared to Watson / Shivworks PD or basic Kabar TDI / Hinderer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    I am interested in the Colonel blade ... have 2 CPs and a “hobo tactical”. Wondering if the Colonel is a potential push dagger alternative. What is you experience with it ? Worth it ? Compared to Watson / Shivworks PD or basic Kabar TDI / Hinderer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Colonel Blade works a lot like the popular Kabar/TDI knife with the curved blade. Its designed so that when you punch with it, the tip of the blade is in alignment with your first two knuckles which is how many people are taught to aim their punches.

Using the trainer I have found that where this knife shines is the oversized finger hole in the middle of the knife. In force on force classes I have seen people drop their blade as they deploy it due to the stress and fluid (and highly chaotic) movements involved in a physical altercation. The finger/retention hole makes it damn near impossible to drop the knife. I've found that it also makes it damn near impossible for the assaulter to knock the knife from your hands. It has the added bonus of allowing you to keep a secure grip on the knife when you draw your gun or even when reloading.

If you can punch you can use this blade. My advice is to buy the cheaper $70 version instead of the $140 version. Same size and design but the cheaper one just uses slightly cheaper blade steel and a somewhat less quality of a handle. This doesn't matter much if its only purpose is for defensive use.

Thank you for this input! It is great to get some real life feedback. One other question: Did you ever feel the finger hole was a liability? In your force on force training - was it ever the case that the finger would become trapped or seem like the blade could become a lever / fulcrum again the finger when entangled? Thanks!

Ive been carrying a Colonel on duty for a few months now and really like it. The finger hole was a concern when I ordered it but once I saw how large it is and how you actually hold it it became a non issue. The only part you could grab to try to take it away is blade and I don’t think that would work out well for them. I’ve done full force strikes into plywood walls with it and...it works as advertised.
    Last edited by TCB; 02-01-2018 at 10:44 PM.

I find that the more I use fixed blades, the less and less that I care for folders of any sort. I actually don't even carry a "pocket" knife anymore. My general use knife is a lime green and safety orange Esee Izula, my GTFOM knife is a Joe Watson HITS Special, and I carry a Victorinox Fruit Knife for...fruit reasons.

Eli, can you tell me who made that spiffy sheath for the fruit knife?

Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Eli, can you tell me who made that spiffy sheath for the fruit knife?

Thanks very much.
    A shooting buddy of mine that's opened up a Kydex shop.

https://www.facebook.com/R.U.TKYDEX/

Rutger made me a few different sheaths, but this was the one I liked the best.

Name:  Skoll 2.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  72.2 KB
    Name:  Skoll 3.jpg
Views: 1308
Size:  69.6 KB

Sentinel Gear Skoll that I picked up last week.

Terzuola M-18 from 30 years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List