Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixed blade picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by pmooreknife View Post
    Gentlemen,

good aftrernoon. I am not sure if this would be the place to post this. Please move it if you see fit.

I am looking for some feedback on a new design. For years several people have asked me about making a larger reverse edge knife. The BoB has been very good to me, and I hope to the owners as well.

I finally mated a few patterns together and came up with my version of a larger pikal knife. I have made a working prototype to get a better feel. It seems to work well in several grips.

Take a look and tell me what you think. This is a first draft, so comments are welcome and needed.

8 1\2" OAL with a 4" cutting edge

Paul
    What's it for?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

It is more of a defense / offensive design, but can still do normal
    knife functions as well.

Paul

The pikal, in its defensive purpose as I understand it, is meant for stabbing (deeply and without needing much force) and ripping. The blade shape you have looks like it's more for work and cutting.

A narrower point with a straight edge, or slightly claw like, would fit the pikal 'philosophy' better. Also a straight edge with a handle like yours still enables the knife to do regular cutting and work.

Personally, I would change the guard a little so that the fingers don't easily slde off the handle onto the blade (not really a concern in reverse grip)

I agree. In the purist forum, mine would look like the others. I guess i am looking to create a hybrid if you will.
    If that can be done. Take some of the "evil" look away, and still be able to perform the intended task. Plus add more
    dutyty to the Pikal. If you think about it, how many knives do you carry in a days time.
    I would like to create a 24hr duty knife.

Paul

Paul,
    Looking at your website, the first hunting knife you have (posted September 27, 2010) would be an excellent all around 24hr duty knife. Maybe a slight guard or larger finger choil to protect the hand. The sheath design is as important as the knife!

Thanks guys. I will give this some more thought.

Paul

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Pretty voodoo. What's the material?
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Pretty voodoo. What's the material?
    G10
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

We brought home some souvenirs from NRA AM 2015:
    There is no truth to the rumor that I only married HH6 for her knife collection, but the differance between a kid in a candy store and a Bearcat in a knife store is scant.

Souvenirs, Hers, Mine, Ours:

Hers: TOPS Devils Claw, 9 O'Clock.
    Mine: TOPS Lite Trekker, 4 O'Clock.
    Ours: TOPS ATAX, 12 O'Clock.

(EDIT: The link in the first sentence goes to my blog post, with individual photos of the knives.)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List