Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixed blade picture thread

Give you $5.00 bucks for it.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I am sad I cannot get a Gamboa. I see your $5.00 and raise you $5.00 more and will throw in a burger and fries with that.

Attachment 21015

Attachment 21016

My new folder has a identity crisis and thinks it's a fixed blade.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I am sad I cannot get a Gamboa. I see your $5.00 and raise you $5.00 more and will throw in a burger and fries with that.

All yours.

I refuse to offer my buddies more than $5.00 for any used item.

I have some sort of Watson, don’t recall the model.

Name:  A4C81BF3-89CE-4458-A16C-E4B63DB3A4DB.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  101.3 KB
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 10-20-2017 at 06:28 PM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Pure daily carry perfection by Joe Watson. Absolute one of one custom HiTS Gamboa neck knife. SM100 super metal (total unobtainum). It is disturbingly sharp, super light, and very nimble. Joe totally knocked this out of the park.
    Is it smaller than the regular size? Mine seem way to big to neck carry.

Also, is Joe going to offer cord wrap on the Gamboa now? I know that for the original design you didn't want something as "grabby" as cord, but a compact, cord wrapped Gamboa would be great.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    All yours.

I refuse to offer my buddies more than $5.00 for any used item.

I have some sort of Watson, don’t recall the model.

Name:  A4C81BF3-89CE-4458-A16C-E4B63DB3A4DB.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  101.3 KB
    That's a Magni. Great little knife. I love the Tracker Dan sheath.

Since this is a pic thread:

Tracker Dan Guadana:

Name:  Mine Guadana.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  25.9 KB

Watson Gamboa and HiTS:

Name:  Watson Gamboa and HiTS.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  37.0 KB
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Is it smaller than the regular size? Mine seem way to big to neck carry.

Also, is Joe going to offer cord wrap on the Gamboa now? I know that for the original design you didn't want something as "grabby" as cord, but a compact, cord wrapped Gamboa would be great.
    The only piece of SM100 Joe could get was thinner stock. I chose to do a neck knife version of the Gamboa with it. The cord wrap is smaller profile and fits with the concept. This is basically like a HiTS Ti knife with a Gamboa blade profile. I have two more Gamboa's being done right now for my girlfriend and me that will be NP3'd stainless with coyote G10. I use a neck knife like many here use a clinch pick or similar. It is my compressed position go to, and where I am used to looking for a blade. Because I have been using this mode of carry for so long, I have found that a light, zero corrosion and no signature blade fits this role well for me, so I have had Joe adapt a couple of my favorite fixed blades for that roll.

This blade in particular is amazing.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

These are my custom made tools. Kistner Knives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only piece of SM100 Joe could get was thinner stock. I chose to do a neck knife version of the Gamboa with it. The cord wrap is smaller profile and fits with the concept. This is basically like a HiTS Ti knife with a Gamboa blade profile. I have two more Gamboa's being done right now for my girlfriend and me that will be NP3'd stainless with coyote G10. I use a neck knife like many here use a clinch pick or similar. It is my compressed position go to, and where I am used to looking for a blade. Because I have been using this mode of carry for so long, I have found that a light, zero corrosion and no signature blade fits this role well for me, so I have had Joe adapt a couple of my favorite fixed blades for that roll.

This blade in particular is amazing.
    Thanks DB, that makes a lot of sense.

That configuration (with cord) is how I, personally, would prefer the Gamboa to be. I've carried a HiTS (Ti and steel, full size and compact), and other knives, horizontal at 11 o'clock or so with pretty much the same purpose as yours (and it's also a lot easier to reach for when doing small work, or using the support hand and a reverse grip).

You can tell Joe that there is at least one more guy that is very interested in this configuration (doesn't have to be SM100 steel but I'd pay the premium for it if he offers it).

Pure daily carry perfection by Joe Watson. Absolute one of one custom HiTS Gamboa neck knife. SM100 super metal (total unobtainum). It is disturbingly sharp, super light, and very nimble. Joe totally knocked this out of the park.
    I got to handle this knife tonight.

Definitely agree - this is a very well thought out and executed blade. You have to handle it to really appreciate how sweet this thing is.

Joe - very well done, sir.

User Tag List