Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixed blade picture thread

Topps UTE 2

I like this little guy. Great size for an EDC fixed blade and the sheath it comes with is very serviceable IMO. It’s thick and robust!!!
    Name:  9F09A7FC-9DFD-4D85-89A8-E4D7270BC484.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  100.6 KB
    Name:  C492E1B7-443A-4E95-8C54-3BF8ABC82F8C.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  80.9 KB

Trainer for my Bawidamann Muninn came in, fits in the original sheath. Very nicely done by Bawidamann!
    Name:  IMG_20200604_201057.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  42.3 KB

Couple of my fixed favorites

I like these two when I'm out in the woods..Helle Nying and Gransfors Bruks belt hatchet..good fire starting pair.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice! I've got the same hatchet and the Helle Fjellkniven. I think I've got five or six GB axes and hatchets overall.

Name:  Helle3_001.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  52.6 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Nordic country quality

I really like the quality of knives and axes from Scandinavia, my other Gransfors Bruk is a forest axe and it is a dandy. My next knives will be Helle Fire and a Fisk, just love the way the laminated stainless and carbon takes an edge on a strop. Last week we finished up a family camping trip in the Upper peninsula wilderness in a wall tent and every night needed the wood stove, all the tools were used every day. Just a pleasure to use the proper stuff, felling good wood with a chainsaw, splitting it back in camp and appreciating the heat from the efforts at night. Feeling very fortunate to have had the ability to pull off a trip with my four daughters and wife that they would go on again.

Quote Originally Posted by Michpatriot View Post
    I really like the quality of knives and axes from Scandinavia, my other Gransfors Bruk is a forest axe and it is a dandy. My next knives will be Helle Fire and a Fisk, just love the way the laminated stainless and carbon takes an edge on a strop. Last week we finished up a family camping trip in the Upper peninsula wilderness in a wall tent and every night needed the wood stove, all the tools were used every day. Just a pleasure to use the proper stuff, felling good wood with a chainsaw, splitting it back in camp and appreciating the heat from the efforts at night. Feeling very fortunate to have had the ability to pull off a trip with my four daughters and wife that they would go on again.
    Good stuff.

I can't remember if I sold any of my pieces or I simply misremembered. According to an inventory I usually keep up with, I have the Mini Belt Hatchet, Small Forest Ax and Scandinavian Forest Ax. For some reason I thought I had others still.

I keep the Scandinavian in the garage protected with a kydex sheath for the head made by my old friend Bob Dozier.

The mini and small forest ax are kept in my 4Runner.

A Nessmuk Trio. Case "Moose", Lee Reeves double bit, Ray Kirk (master smith) fixed blade of forged 52100. Osage Orange on ax and knife.:

Name:  NessmukCombo1.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  46.0 KB

Tomahawk purchased from the late "Ragnar" of Ragweed Forge, slightly embellished by yours truly, and a Russell "Dadley" I built from a kit:

Name:  DadleyHawk3_001.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  49.7 KB

Prime tools

That double bit is really cool! does it have a different profile for each end? Some do..one blade for chopping and the other for splitting, I'll probably get one soon...wants needs and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Michpatriot View Post
    That double bit is really cool! does it have a different profile for each end? Some do..one blade for chopping and the other for splitting, I'll probably get one soon...wants needs and all.
    Yes, it had one edge thicker and one thinner. Lee really knows his way around an ax.

I sold it in the last few months to a bladeforums member who had been looking for one. Really a beautiful piece of workmanship. The image does it no justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

User Tag List