Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Super Redhawk in 10mm

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Yep.

Some states have recently enacted cartridge restrictions that have essentially eliminated "rifle" hunting. I think this is aimed the new affected whitetail hunter that is daunted by the idea of a .44/.454 class handgun.

I do agree with you, though. Given the weight and barrel length of those things I think the relatively tepid .44 whitetail loads aren't intimidating at all. I would not want to use 10mm for elk (not that it isn't capable) but I don't think elk hunting is affected by some of the new laws.
    That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Even with full tilt boogie 10mm loads that thing will be a pussy cat to shoot. It'll still fetch a deer pretty good though.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

This is one of those guns that Ruger will make for a few years and eventually stop production on. After which, it will attain some sort of cult status and increase dramatically in value, i.e., 1894 in 41 magnum, Blackhawk in 357 Maximum, Deerfield 44 mags, the PC9/40's. I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    This is one of those guns that Ruger will make for a few years and eventually stop production on. After which, it will attain some sort of cult status and increase dramatically in value, i.e., 1894 in 41 magnum, Blackhawk in 357 Maximum, Deerfield 44 mags, the PC9/40's. I want one.
    LOL. I was just thinking about that. There's a 10mm forum I rarely visit, but I'm guessing a bunch of guys over there won't buy one while it is in production, then line up to pay scalpers prices when its discontinued.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

No. I want Ruger to produce a SRH with shortened frame and RH barrel. I’ll never be able to afford one of Bowen’s GP44’s. A factory version is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    Don't forget the initial .480 SRH line in the "target gray" finish.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I opened this thread thinking it would be a standard Redhawk with a 7 or 8 shot cylinder. Sort of a .40 special compared to the .41 mag.

Site Supporter
    The thread has proved interesting. Thank you for starting it.

This may be one of the dumbest, i have no idea why guns i have seen. I sort of get 9mm small Revolvers in today's world where most are serving as back ups to a 9mm carry pistol. This thing....is just pointless. From the same place that brought one of the most usable lines of outdoor Revolvers out there in the Super Alaskan guns, how did this happen? My .454 Alaskan shoots everything from .45 Colt Cowboy loads to the most brutal .454 Casull you can buy. You can find ammo anywhere that something will go in it, and yet.....this thing. Same with the .44 Mag version. You want 10mm hunting in a revolver, it's called .41 Magnum and works great.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    This may be one of the dumbest, i have no idea why guns i have seen. I sort of get 9mm small Revolvers in today's world where most are serving as back ups to a 9mm carry pistol. This thing....is just pointless. From the same place that brought one of the most usable lines of outdoor Revolvers out there in the Super Alaskan guns, how did this happen? My .454 Alaskan shoots everything from .45 Colt Cowboy loads to the most brutal .454 Casull you can buy. You can find ammo anywhere that something will go in it, and yet.....this thing. Same with the .44 Mag version. You want 10mm hunting in a revolver, it's called .41 Magnum and works great.
    Somebody must have asked for it specifically because it does seem like it would be the last configuration someone would want. A 10mm GP100 or a 7-shot Alaskan make a lot more sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Somebody must have asked for it specifically because it does seem like it would be the last configuration someone would want. A 10mm GP100 or a 7-shot Alaskan make a lot more sense to me.
    I know people have been asking Ruger for more 10mm offerings. One of the 10mm fan forums had a sort of organized campaign going IIRC. I guess this is their response...

User Tag List