Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Super Redhawk in 10mm

Ruger Super Redhawk in 10mm

Well...ok then. Says it ships with 3 moon clips. http://www.ruger.com/products/superR...eets/5524.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    Well...ok then. Says it ships with 3 moon clips. http://www.ruger.com/products/superR...eets/5524.html

That's kind of a head scratcher. I really like the 10mm Auto cartridge for my wilderness forays, but if I'm going to tote a revolver that big and heavy, it's not gonna be in 10mm.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Yeah I don't get 10mm revolver either unless you have a type that really wants to hone in on as few calibers as possible and already has an auto.

Might be a hell of a good time with a trigger job and loaded with .40. Saw a S&W 610 at the LGS last week that gave me pause. If I were living Lost River's life I'd order one to put the hurt on some jack rabbits maybe.

Good heavens, it weighs 54 ounces and has a 6 1/2 inch barrel. For that much size and weight, I'm gonna want a caliber a LOT larger than 10mm.

I think offering the GP100 and/or SP101 in 10mm would be a much more obvious choice. The ability to fire 10mm or 40 S&W in either revolver would be enough for me to reach for a credit card.
    Ordinary guy

Looks like a choice for the whitetail hunter that wants a bit more oomph than a .45 but still manageable for the recoil shy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroob View Post
    Looks like a choice for the whitetail hunter that wants a bit more oomph than a .45 but still manageable for the recoil shy.

That doesn't handload. But most people that are serious about the 10mm handload.

I can't find a practical reason for this. Not all guns have to have a practical reason, but it probably does help them sell.

Would this thing have some advantage in one of the gun games that feature revolvers?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I was thinking more for the first time Revolver / Pistol hunter who live in rifle restricted states.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroob View Post
    I was thinking more for the first time Revolver / Pistol hunter who live in rifle restricted states.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post

I can't find a practical reason for this. Not all guns have to have a practical reason, but it probably does help them sell.
    Some states have recently enacted cartridge restrictions that have essentially eliminated "rifle" hunting. I think this is aimed the new affected whitetail hunter that is daunted by the idea of a .44/.454 class handgun.

I do agree with you, though. Given the weight and barrel length of those things I think the relatively tepid .44 whitetail loads aren't intimidating at all. I would not want to use 10mm for elk (not that it isn't capable) but I don't think elk hunting is affected by some of the new laws.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 11-08-2017 at 09:42 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    I agree with others who see a discrepancy between power and size. The plinker/reloader will soon tire of using moon clips. Too, it would not top anybody's list for the best sock drawer handgun, although the big clunker would serve nicely in the role.

User Tag List