Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 New S&W Performance Center 686s

Site Supporter
    It is probably a good thing that most of the newer S&W revolvers have the ILS. My checkbook thanks me.
    I have one J-frame with the lock. No problems with it so far after about 650 rounds and miles of pocket travel. I am strongly considering ordering a no lock 442 from the local cop shop to vet for carry and use the lock gun as a trainer.
    I would probably have several of the newer K and L frame models if the ILS was not a mandatory item. One of the short barreled M66s would be first on the list.

I miss the days when they made good revolvers...

I love the look of unfluted cylinders, but cannot warm up to the slab side barrels on most of the new models. The vented barrels look even worse!

If S&W is watching, bring back full under lug barrels.

Maybe it's just me, and I LOVE round guns, but both of those make me kind of queasy to look at. Usually I enter this subforum with trepidation because I get the "wants" over everything I see, but, I can look at this thread all day long with no problems...

I really dislike the lock but I'll consider a new 66 with the 2.75" barrel IF the barrel is on straight.... Is that asking to much S&W?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, and I LOVE round guns, but both of those make me kind of queasy to look at. Usually I enter this subforum with trepidation because I get the "wants" over everything I see, but, I can look at this thread all day long with no problems...
    "Fugly" is the first word that comes to mind.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List