Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Pistols you regret NOT buying.

Site Supporter
    Hk P7M13 & P7M8

I regret not buying anything full auto when I had the money to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mauser cartridge counter Luger P08 NIB.

Pistols you regret NOT buying.

A cherry 239 at a gun show. Only because I watched a retired LEO trade it for something of way lesser value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MGW; 11-09-2017 at 06:22 AM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    226/229 before Sig got Cohen'd.

SIG 239 Circa 2013, SIG P229 Circa 2000, S&W M629 Circa 1998, although I almost never shoot it.

At one point five or ten years ago I walked into a local gun shop, and somebody had sold them a half dozen ASPs with holsters and accessories, and I did not buy even one of them. I don’t know why, I have a DeVel, and collecting S&W is a thing I do, but that day the brain just failed. All gone, super fast.
    In the early 90’s I bought the IMI Uzi pistol with the DeSantis shoulder rig for $500 and then sold it back for $450. I want to say it had a .40 cal conversion kit but I’d have to dig out the paperwork to confirm. It was a great shooter.

Pistols you regret NOT buying.

A few years back I closely watched a S&W 38/44 revolver in nice shape and at a terrific price. For some reason the seller, who seemed new to such auctions, closed it at some odd ball hour like 4am. I put my bid in and won . . . only to have the gun go to another (lower) bidder. When I contacted the seller he said my bid was voided because he doesn’t sell to buyers in California.
    I don’t live in California. I had to message him back to tell him how much money he left on the table that I woulda paid for the gun.

The other ‘one that gotta way’ (not a hand gun) was Winchester Model 12 pump shotgun used to train gunners of US Army Air Corps bombers. I was focused on searching for something else that day at the LGS. By the time I turned my truck around to go back and buy the gun - 1 hour later- it was sold to someone else. Damned !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by SamAdams; 11-17-2017 at 02:28 PM.

I'm going to regret having to pass on Enel's PX4 Compact G.
    Right gun, right price, wrong time, as I won't be back to the US until May.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

While I sorta wish I had every car, gun and motorcycle I ever traded away, my only regret involves trusting somebody I shouldn't have and being burglarized. I had a M-15 I bought (with Dad facilitating) with the Christmas tip money from my newspaper route (I think it was $93, used in 1973) and a Security Six I bought myself on my 21st birthday.

And I really should look into a service to have 35mm slides scanned so I could look at all of the pictures Dad took with the cameras he bought with the money from selling his Gold Cup, his Python, his Belgian HP and his M-29. I wish he was still alive, but the camera gear was not really heirloom stuff but his guns woulda been.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 11-17-2017 at 05:38 PM.

User Tag List