Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistols you regret NOT buying.

Pistols you regret NOT buying.

You passed it up and you wish you had bought it.

For me, it's probably a USGI 1911 that was in the used cabinet at cabelas. I knew what it was, and they didnt. And the price was great. I just didnt have the money. I should have opened a credit card or something for that one.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    You passed it up and you wish you had bought it.

For me, it's probably a USGI 1911 that was in the used cabinet at cabelas. I knew what it was, and they didnt. And the price was great. I just didnt have the money. I should have opened a credit card or something for that one.

-Cory
    A great price on a used gun at cabelas? [emoji15] you really did pass up a once in a lifetime opportunity lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    A great price on a used gun at cabelas? [emoji15] you really did pass up a once in a lifetime opportunity lol

If it wasn't for the fact it was USGI the price wouldn't have been so great. It was a few years back, and the gun was a bit rough. But it could have fetched a far higher price.

I liked it for the history more than the shooting. Although I would definitely shoot it.

-Cory

I hear ya! I’ve just never seen a good price on a used gun at cabelas. My local one normally has police trade in guns for the price of new!

A few years ago I had a shot at a nice S&W 4506 for $550. Wanted one ever since The Shield, they just look cool. I offered $500 and he wouldn't come down that far.

S&W 4006 TSW CHP for $400. There will probably be more soon and I did get a regular 4006 TSW that was a LEO gun and is decock only but I paid considerably more that $400 for it.

A Nagant revolver back when they were $90 because I like milsurps. Now they go for over $200 and they're just too crappy of a gun to pay that much for, history or no.

I don't really regret guns I bought or didn't buy but I wish I had got on the Beretta 92 bandwagon 12 years ago when I started carrying an M9 professionally instead of going all-in on Glocks like I did. That was dumb. Probably should stop buying guns that aren't PX4's or 92/M9's too until I have a handful of each. If I could bring myself to sell off everything that wasn't I would but I just love guns so to hell with waiting until I'm retired to start collecting.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    There was a Buck Mark Target, with the full bull barrel, hooded sights, special grip and adjustable light trigger mechanism that went for $299 on GB back when I was first getting into this mess. It just seemed like a bit more than I wanted to spend. I haven't seen one in close to that condition go for anywhere close to that price in the years since.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    The Hi Power Standard with its nice blue finish sitting at the LGS as I type this.

Had a chance to buy a Nighthawk T3 from a buddy a few years back. Decent price and gun was 100% reliable as he had tested it thoroughly in several classes. I was moving away from 1911s and .45acp at the time and knew it wasn't the ideal carry gun due to weight and low capacity. Still wish I had it though. It was a great little gun.

This goes back a ways. In my youth, I could have bought surplus 1911's for like 30 bucks or so. Instead, I bought stuff like chrome valve covers and 4 barrel carburetors and mag wheels.

A few years ago there was a S&W .45ACP revolver at the LGS. It was one of the surplus ones and had the barrel cut back to 3 inches or so. It was well used, but you knew it had been carried a bunch by somebody back in the day. I wish I had bought it just for the old school cool factor.

Site Supporter
    4" Colt Python with holster wear for $350. Yeah, that was a while ago, and my finances weren't such that it would have been easy to buy it, but I knew looking at it that was the lowest price on a shooter python i'd ever see.

User Tag List