Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Pistols you regret NOT buying.

There are quite a few guns that I bought ‘way back when’ that I’m very happy I bought . . back then. Many of them are those that I couldn’t justify going out and buying now. For several years I’ve been concentrating on ‘most bang for the buck’ practical. Thus, - Glock.

There are guns I really should sell, but once gone I know it very unlikely that I would replace them in the future. So, I’ll hold onto them for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

H&K MK23
    Yea it's a monster of a handgun and is pretty much useless as anything but a range toy.
    But I'll be damned if it's not one of the most fun range toys you can shoot.
    .45+P out of the MK23 is like shooting Winchester "white box" 9mm out of a all steel 1911.
    Add in bullseye accuracy from what is arguably to most reliable and durable handgun ever made and it's just a really cool package.
    Albeit a $1900 plastic pistol the size of a Desert Eagle, but cool nonetheless.

Dammit... off the grabagun I go.
    I've had one in and out of my "shopping cart" a dozen times, I just can't bring myself to actually pull the trigger so to speak.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    Once upon a time, a local gun shop had a Coonan Arms .357 pistol in its showcase. The gun was there for a long time, and I would occasionally go and drool on the class. One day, I had managed to scrape enough money and so I walked into the store and declared I wish to reserve* that pistol for me. "Sorry mate, sold it last week." Sonuva... First and quite probably the last time I ever had the opportunity to get one of those guns.

(*We can't just buy guns over here, we need to go through an application process first. Reserving guns so the store holds them for you and won't sell them to someone else during this process is a normal practice.)
    I have a Coonan in my safe.
    It's super fun to shoot the occasional "concealed carry match" with. I have some fancy leather gear with the "stars and stripes" carved into it and it does make quite the impression.
    "Coonan the Destroyer" has been very reliable as well once I polished the magazine followers to remove mold lines and flash.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    H&K MK23
    Yea it's a monster of a handgun and is pretty much useless as anything but a range toy.
    But I'll be damned if it's not one of the most fun range toys you can shoot.
    .45+P out of the MK23 is like shooting Winchester "white box" 9mm out of a all steel 1911.
    That actually sounds a lot like my girlfriends 4506.

(Dammit, I really need to find an inexpensive source for magazines for that gun... Would make a great Christmas present. I have one source for magazines but at ~$60 each, it gets expensive to buy very many.)

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    One of those S&W 3913 "LadySmith" autos back in the 90's.
    Probably one of the best concealed carry pistols out there, unfortunately I let mine get away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List