Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Willeford, Describes Stopping Gunman (Texas Church)

There is nothing wrong with respectfully looking at an incident like this and considering what went wrong and what went right. That is the benefit of learning from others mistakes and successes. Any discussion done respectfully and considering the context and what the people involved knew at the time is healthy. Police and citizens do some crazy things in critical incidents and no one gets hurt or killed. Looking at the good and bad of each helps everyone learn what to do and not to do or do differently for less risk.

Having a full magazine and quick access to the firearm is another benefit learned from the incident. More will come out. I am curious as to what body armor the BG was wearing. Hard plate carrier,mil surplus stuff, or LEO soft type body armor and what level. That makes a difference since the Goodguy was using a .223/5.56 likely.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Having a full magazine and quick access to the firearm is another benefit learned from the incident.
    Yep, I predict with a high level of confidence that Mr. Willeford will in the future keep a fully loaded magazine in his gun safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    Yep, I predict with a high level of confidence that Mr. Willeford will in the future keep a fully loaded magazine in his gun safe.
    I wonder if his rifle is now seized, and if he has another.

If not, I'd be willing to kick in some $$ to get him one right quick.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    He also needs a replacement EoTech, if someone finds out he needs one to go on his replacement AR than please PM me
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Site Supporter
    Just his head above the truck, he got cover but should of gone from the side.

Good work from the man. I donate for replacement rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Regarding picking up the guy with the rifle, my impression is this town is super small. I grew up in a pretty small place, and even if I didn't know somebody, and maybe didn't actively recognize them, I think subconsciously I had an idea of who was familiar and who wasn't I have no idea if that was at play here.
    I grew up in a town of 254 and in one of the least populated counties in the Commonwealth. I tend to agree.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I grew up in a town of 254 and in one of the least populated counties in the Commonwealth. I tend to agree.
    Agreed. Seafaring town of 1000 here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I wonder if his rifle is now seized, and if he has another.

If not, I'd be willing to kick in some $$ to get him one right quick.
    Anyone have a way to figure this out? I'd be glad to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    There is nothing wrong with respectfully looking at an incident like this and considering what went wrong and what went right. That is the benefit of learning from others mistakes and successes. Any discussion done respectfully and considering the context and what the people involved knew at the time is healthy. Police and citizens do some crazy things in critical incidents and no one gets hurt or killed. Looking at the good and bad of each helps everyone learn what to do and not to do or do differently for less risk.

Having a full magazine and quick access to the firearm is another benefit learned from the incident. More will come out. I am curious as to what body armor the BG was wearing. Hard plate carrier,mil surplus stuff, or LEO soft type body armor and what level. That makes a difference since the Goodguy was using a .223/5.56 likely.
    I'd be curious what the group thinks of using a bigger caliber rifle vs a 5.56? Is that a valid lesson? To be clear I'm NOT criticizing or judging Mr Willeford. I know next to nothing about the AR-15, or body armor and hoping to glean some lessons to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    I'd be curious what the group thinks of using a bigger caliber rifle vs a 5.56? Is that a valid lesson? To be clear I'm NOT criticizing or judging Mr Willeford. I know next to nothing about the AR-15, or body armor and hoping to glean some lessons to learn more.
    Many of us, (even on-duty LE), don't have, (or even own), larger caliber rifles at our disposal...other than shotguns. And the problem with the shotgun is distance and capacity.

User Tag List