Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vests that don't scream gun

Site Supporter

Vests that don't scream gun

Who makes such? I have a Bullfrog Ken one that looks nice and not like a shoot me or a piece of cloth crap. Something that is light and a touch dressy. The typical CCW vest is so 'tactical'.

When it is cooler (ha, ha - TX) fleece and down works but that's not for nice places. There are vests that go with suits but the fit and length aren't optimal.

Can't spell scream, BTW - oops.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 11-06-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Check out some golf vests. They are about as far from tactical as you can get.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    In cooler weather here (southwest Pennsylvania, I often wear a sweater vest to hide a gun: It looks professional and doesn’t scream “gun.”

Concealed Carry Clothiers makes the best open front vests I have seen. The tropic weight ones might work well in TX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I’ve had a Filson Mackinaw vest for a while. It’s pretty thick wool though, don’t know how that works in TX. Good fit around the torso but billows out around the belt line. I prefer their western vest - better fit, but harder to draw from. Leave the bottom unbuttoned and you should be good to go.

They have other vests too - oil cloth, canvas, etc. Give ‘em a look: https://www.filson.com/men/vests.html

They’re made in USA with a lifetime guarantee, so they’re pretty pricey, but keep an eye on Sierra Trading Post. I just snagged a $200 vest for $80.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I have a Columbia Fleece I think is fine for ‘nice’ places, warm and lightweight. They don’t break the bank either:

https://www.columbia.com/mens-steens...t-1639261.html

Some of the western style and dress vests arent bad for looks, and can cover OK if sized well. Ive worn a Wah Maker for several years now. Got it from a garage sale. Grey fine herringbone pattern light weight wool front, black cotton back, 2 slash pockets, which are very handy. Havent dropped or lost any glasses or my cell when wearing it. Covers a 1911 or g19 at 3:00 IWB. Mostly. Not when bending over so much, but its not very NPE here.

Most people seem to think I'm dressed up for some special occasion when wearing it.
    Last edited by Malamute; 11-06-2017 at 06:16 PM.

I've got a couple of vests I got from Jpeterman on half off to 70 percent off sale. You have to get on their push marketing email list, but they do sales all the time, and there are always leftover vests.

http://www.jpeterman.com/category/100100106/vests

Corduroy and velvet are about as un-tactical as you can get.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 11-06-2017 at 06:59 PM.

I always hated vests but have accumulated a few over the last couple of years.

Arcteryx Atom
    Columbia fleece with college logos
    Carhart with college logos
    Kuhl or Prahn can’t remember which but it’s old school down with corduroy on top and Sherpa collar

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I've got a couple of vests I got from Jpeterman on half off to 70 percent off sale. You have to get on their push marketing email list, but they do sales all the time, and there are always leftover vests.

http://www.jpeterman.com/category/100100106/vests

Corduroy and velvet are about as un-tactical as you can get.
    Their gilded Herringbone is a near twin to mine, except mine has two more pockets.

Site Supporter
    I like this one: Propper soft-shell Just looks like an every day vest that are pretty common here in the PAC NW. I some times wear it in warmer weather as well.

User Tag List