Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Range bags?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Using the VertX Gamut has been the best range bag for me yet. The reason in pretty simple, as I can roll up my Q-PT targets and have them stowed in the side pockets. I've never been able to easily carry my targets using a traditional range bag....
    The Gamut is now my dedicated range/match pack as it previously was my EDC pack, sim. to the OP into a NPE daily.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    The Gamut is now my dedicated range/match pack as it previously was my EDC pack, sim. to the OP into a NPE daily.
    Have you done anything to organize the inside? I was thinking about getting some mag pouch setup so my 10 mags aren't just thrown in and banging around. The VertX one is $30, which doesn't excite me.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Have you done anything to organize the inside? I was thinking about getting some mag pouch setup so my 10 mags aren't just thrown in and banging around. The VertX one is $30, which doesn't excite me.
    Late reply but I use a 3 loop mag holder from an old Eagle bag in the outer most sleeve/pouch on the Gamut. Three boxes of ammo go in the bottom of this sleeve, 3 already loaded mags in the loop holder above as my other 3 loaded mags are carried to/from the match/training on my body. Also carry a brass rod for stuck cases/rounds & a Halloran fixed blade in this sleeve, both run thru the molle sim. to the mag holder. Water bottle on each side, gloves there also, w/ a large IFAK, hand wipes, 2 sm. towels, multi-tool & extra batts for ear-pro & gun lights, all in the larger inner storage pouch.

Agreed re. the Vertx option being too pricey, LMK if you find a better solution or want some pics sent. The Gamut keeps my hands free when transitioning between stages for the scoring tablet or tape/paint bucket & it still has plenty of free space inside for AR mags. etc when shooting 3G matches.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 11-09-2017 at 09:24 PM.

I like the LAPG bags for this sort of stuff; transport but not carried.

We have one of their big range bags and a smaller one with about 2 years of use with no issues beyond replacing pulls with para cord or similar. They are affordable and have lots of keepers for mag storage, enough pockets to separate some med gear, pasters/tape/index cards, one I keep cleaning and lube stuff in, one for a staple and misc tools. The big one gas a "bottle holder" that is the perfect size for a can of spray adhesive, or paint if you are going to shoot steel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blue Force Gear offers some bag organization options at a solid price point. Good guy pricing and frequent holiday sales too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big fan of the Vertx A-Range bag since I got mine in mid-2015. I have no problem fitting a pair of pistols in the side slip pocket. Ammo garage, I fill one tray with around 20 loaded pistol mags; the other, loose ammo for reloading. Upper portion of the bag holds a trauma kit, stapler, tape, timer, and other odds and ends. The removable ammo trays are great, because I can leave my bag back in the covered area of my range and take a one of the trays with me to the line. Expensive, yes, but I had a 30 or 40% discount code at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick62 View Post
    Blue Force Gear offers some bag organization options at a solid price point. Good guy pricing and frequent holiday sales too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A solid tip Rick & good timing as BFG has an 11% off sale on everything but only thru 2400 today.

Maybe not so good for an NPE but I've been pretty happy with my small LA Police Bail Out Gear Tactical Bag. I've used it pretty consistently for maybe two years.

https://www.lapolicegear.com/tabaoutbag.html

I like: The size is manageable. All the external pockets are usefully filled with stuff I use. I seem to be able to fit a range or match session's worth of stuff inside. The removeable velcro liner panel is pretty useful. I also like to two large pockets on either end. One pocket is my safety stuff; CAT, Gauze, Celox. The other I use for a towel and water bottle. I keep targets in an manila folder inside, next to the blue painters tape. The longer pocket on the side is useful for pens, pencils, a punch, and my brass cleaning rod. At $21.99 it's pretty good value for money.

I wish: The inside was lighter colored or maybe white. Stuff gets lost in there. I have it in Grey, but it's still hard to see into it. And it's not over big; for sure. I seem to manage to keep it pretty full.

My wife and I have been using the Sentinel Concepts ones from Tuff Products. Steve Fisher did a good job on them. The only negative is there is no place to put muffs, and that's a bit goofy, but other than that they're a really high quality minimalist approach, IMO.

http://www.tuffproducts.com/sentinel...aster-bag-pro/

I really like my LaRue Tactical Range Bag review here

http://www.larue.com/larue-range-bag
    Instagram @JuryTrialJedi

User Tag List