Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This tops everything!

Every Zombie Apocalypse prepping dude, living in moms basement, in his thirtees will add this to his wetdream SHTF setup along with the Taurus Judge and Tactical Sniper SKS.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjames View Post
    Mossberg has jumped the shark on this stuff, like the "chainsaw" model 500.
    This is the inevitable flipside of what Michael Bane calls "Gun Culture 2.0"

Gun Culture 1.0 was a bunch of grey-haired guys who met at the Sportsman's Club once a month to do monkey-grooming rituals regarding the bylaws, bust some clays with their Perazzis, and form a committee to get the 100-yd range cleaned off next month so they could get their rifles sighted in before deer season. We almost lost our guns on their watch.

Gun Culture 2.0 plays Call of Duty, watches Sons of Guns, and gets a CCW because it's frickin' cool. They memorize Zombieland, have blogs, go to Boomershoot, and know who Dave Sevigny, Larry Vickers, and Julie Golob are. If the price I gotta pay for this reinvigorated, hard-votin' demographic pumping new life, money, and piss & vinegar into a formerly dormant firearms industry is a PGO Mossberg shotgun with a retarded-looking fore-end, then I say slap some rails on that thing and call it the "Zombie Slayer".
    Last edited by Tamara; 01-21-2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: It's the fore-end that looks retarded on the chainsaw, not the pistol grip. D'oh.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Who just bought the Stoeger Tactical Coach Gun?

This is their new AR option.
    Dude. You should have to put $20 in the d-bag jar for that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    If the price I gotta pay for this reinvigorated, hard-votin' demographic pumping new life, money, and piss & vinegar into a formerly dormant firearms industry is a PGO Mossberg shotgun with a retarded-looking pistol grip, then I say slap some rails on that thing and call it the "Zombie Slayer".
    +1

I don't get it when people insist that every new shooter in the world does nothing but help our cause, then act completely flabbergasted when a manufacturer starts selling something (however ugly or ridiculous it may be, mind you) that could well bring a load of new shooters on board.

I certainly won't buy one of these things, but maybe someone will decide it's the gun they've been waiting for to start shooting.
    I don't understand what's happening, but I have a soldering iron.

Quote Originally Posted by derekb View Post
    +1

I don't get it when people insist that every new shooter in the world does nothing but help our cause, then act completely flabbergasted when a manufacturer starts selling something (however ugly or ridiculous it may be, mind you) that could well bring a load of new shooters on board.

I certainly won't buy one of these things, but maybe someone will decide it's the gun they've been waiting for to start shooting.
    I agree, it's great that it's bringing in more people to the firearms community, and it's great that it's injecting oodles of cash into it too. When a manufacturer is getting piles of money from selling low end zombie junk, then hopefully that means that they will have the financial muscle to do serious R&D, QA, etc. on more high end stuff. I've worked in enough industries supported by the "blockbuster model" to get it.

The flip side is, a lot of these folks are cringe inducing for the average non-shooter, and they make my lift difficult and uncomfortable as well. I'd hate to bring someone to the public range to try some rifle plinking for the first time and get what I got the last time I was there... a pickup truck full of zombie cowboys with their Bushie ARs and Mossberg PGO 500's, spamming the range so hard that I could finish a book before I'd get to go change a target. It was miserable. Nearly every time I go to the public range, this is what I have to contend with. Unless I somehow get a membership at one of the few private ranges by me, I might as well not even own a rifle because I can't work up the motivation to take the time and effort to go to the range. The only safe haven that is publicly accessible seems to be the skeet range...

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Dude. You should have to put $20 in the d-bag jar for that comment.
    Proudly.

You should get this to go along with your Stoeger. Your armory would be something out of a Tarantino movie.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Limited run Jill Valentine model in hot pink camo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Part of me says it's goofy as dammit and part of me wishes it came out ten years ago so it could have been a prop on Firefly.
    This. Maybe if Netflix does in fact bring Firefly back, it can be Zoe's new hogleg.

This was pretty much my reaction upon seeing that abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by jmjames View Post
    I'd hate to bring someone to the public range to try some rifle plinking for the first time and get what I got the last time I was there... a pickup truck full of zombie cowboys with their Bushie ARs and Mossberg PGO 500's, spamming the range so hard that I could finish a book before I'd get to go change a target.
    Hey! Be nice! I love my Bushmaster AR!

(Unlike the rest of the shooters in my local 3-gun/Multigun matches, my AR has never screwed up a stage for me. *I've* certainly screwed up stages, but it was never the gun's fault.)

...that all being said, I know what you mean. The larger private ranges also have this issue, which is why I can be normally found on the pistol bays, where I get a bay to myself---and the guy-who-is-teaching-his-girlfriend-to-shoot-badly along with the group-of-guys-with-their-new-"G-Lock Fotays"* can shoot in different bays to their heart's content.

*Is there anything stupider than a white rural Nebraska farmboy trying to act "gangsta"? Complete with accent? "Kid, you were born in Wahoo, Nebraska, and you've never even SEEN an inner-city block other than on TV!"

User Tag List