Thread: Shell caddy with retaining spring

Shell caddy with retaining spring

I could swear I saw this a while back - someone had made a 3-gun style shell caddy, but it had a stainless steel spring in it that would help retain any rounds if you were to load only some rounds instead of the whole caddy, as opposed to the original caddy where if you take only one or two the rest of the shells are flying loose everywhere.

Anyone know which one I'm thinking of? I can't seem to google my way back to it.

That was probably AP Custom, the reason why your having a problem finding any is that they closed shop 2 years ago.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

There’s a few for sale over on AR15.com. I bought a 4x4 a few weeks back from a guy that had a few more.

Edit: one left.
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipmen...d/165-1687502/

And a 3x3:https://www.shootersconnectionstore....ier-P2590.aspx
    Last edited by Lon; 11-05-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

The AP doesn’t work that way. The spring only tensions the first round in the stack. One you pull one, the rest are loose and will flop out. I think Mountain Man caddies work the way you’re wanting.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Mark Otto used to make a caddy with a spring that would hold all the rounds in. Google it. I have 2 6 shot version around somewhere I used to use. Not sure if he makes them anymore now that everyone is using the load 2 or load 4 technique.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Doesn't California Competition Works make a version of their shell holder with a leaf spring in it?

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

It doesn't look like the one that was specifically made to retain partial amounts of shells exists any more, that or I'm just imagining it.

Meanwhile it looks like the technology has moved on. Has anyone used these magnetic caddies? It sounds ridiculous on the face of it, but apparently shot shell 'brass' is actually plated steel. Blows my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    I could swear I saw this a while back - someone had made a 3-gun style shell caddy, but it had a stainless steel spring in it that would help retain any rounds if you were to load only some rounds instead of the whole caddy, as opposed to the original caddy where if you take only one or two the rest of the shells are flying loose everywhere.

Anyone know which one I'm thinking of? I can't seem to google my way back to it.
    Necropost. This might be the caddy in question.

https://www.safariland.com/miscellan...ier-34768.html

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post

I just now ran into this: http://www.arestactical.net/product/...2ga-2-75-inch/

I'm not sure what material their spring is, but definitely seems like something similar.

User Tag List