Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mount for 30mm

Mount for 30mm

Hey everyone, I am at a loss. I got a Steiner 30mm p4xi scope (1-4) and I am not sure what mount I should get for my BCM middie.

Any suggestions? Thinking I want QD, hard to get that out of my head.

Pass on the QD, they all have issues.

I like Geissele, Nightforce, Badger, Knight's Armament. All have cross bolts and horizontally split rings.

If I were buying today, I'd go with a Geissele, probably standard cantilever length and definitely 20MOA cant.

I have two Nightforces, 30 and 34mm, both excellent, both return to zero, no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

I like Geissele, Nightforce, Badger, Knight's Armament. All have cross bolts and horizontally split rings.

If I were buying today, I'd go with a Geissele, probably standard cantilever length and definitely 20MOA cant.

I have two Nightforces, 30 and 34mm, both excellent, both return to zero, no problems.
    What does the 20moa can’t do?

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

20 MOA cant is unnecessary for a 1-4x on a 5.56 AR...this isn’t a long range precision build here. I like Geissele optic mounts but they are pricey.

OP, check out the Aero Precision Ultralight mounts. Have one on my KAC and one on my Colt Trooper. If you choose these go for the Extended or SPR mount lengths. I have the SPR length on both of my ARs.
    Shoot more, post less...

20MOA cant is not necessary, but being zeroed closer to mechanical center is good and there is zero reason not to use a canted base.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    What does the 20moa can’t do?
    It cants the scope 20 MOA so you can dial for elevation for long range shooting. Long range IE 1,000+ yards. Completely unnecessary especially with a 1-4x on an AR
    Shoot more, post less...

I’m running a Larue with my accupoint, but there are probably better options now for QD.

I did pick up one one of the Aero Precision ultralight mounts, and it’s a great value. No complaints.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

M2, why 20 MOA cant for a 1-4 LPVO?

For a non-QD option, Vortex just released a precision cantilevered mount. About $190 retail. I bought one for a 34mm scope and it was well made.

For QD, I have a Bobro extended mount that's worked well.

If you run your AR stock short (like 1-2 clicks out from collapsed) you're going to want a mount that allows for more eye relief which the above two options provide.

If this is a duty gun or some kind of gun you're going to take into harms way definitely go for higher quality. Otherwise you can probably get away with a more budget oriented cantilever mount (SWFA has one for $60/ Vortex has a budget mount for $99). The P4xi is a nice scope but it isn't exactly a precision optic.

Site Supporter
    I have been using AERO precision mounts.

Bobro if you want qd.

Geissele if you want non qd.

Aero if you want non qd cheap and light.

Check my reviews if your interested.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List