Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Choose A Portable Car Jumper Kit.....

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I just ordered the Topvision 2000a today. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    This came in within a couple of days after I ordered. I charged it to 100% and threw it in the back of the car. I checked today and it is still 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I can't put it in the frunk or trunk, because those compartments are opened via a battery actuated mechanism which first has to be jumped from the cabin before you can access the battery compartment.

@JSGlock34
    On the 986 you can route the manual cable frunk release to the tow hook hatch. Might be possible with the newer cars as well.

Monoprice has an 800amp option for $48.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=39603

I just ordered the Topvision 2000a today. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Mine has held 100% charge since I got it and charged it. I ordered a second for my wife's car.

Went to run my 9000 W genset and the battery was dead. Got the Audew that had been sitting four months. Read 98%.
    Fired the gen right up and still had 98%.

Good stuff.

Site Supporter
    Firt time I put my NOCO GB40 to task today. Sons GF battery was dead.
    Powered up at about 75% after ~9 months in the trunk since I last charged it.
    Started up her little 4 cylinder, no problem. Very handy.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

And today it saved me a bunch of hassle and drama.

On my Subaru, I leave the headlights on auto. They stay on until I remove the ignition key. If I turn off the engine, but leave the key in the switch, the headlights are still on. Like today when I went through the McDonalds drive thru and ate in the parking lot. When I went to leave, I got the dreaded click. I slapped my fore head because my brother had told me that could happen.

I got out, popped the trunk and hood, hooked this thing up and within 5 minutes I was on my way.

It was still at 100% before I jumped the car and was at 82% afterward. I'm charging it to full and ordering a couple more for the other cars.

And today it saved me a bunch of hassle and drama.

On my Subaru, I leave the headlights on auto. They stay on until I remove the ignition key. If I turn off the engine, but leave the key in the switch, the headlights are still on. Like today when I went through the McDonalds drive thru and ate in the parking lot. When I went to leave, I got the dreaded click. I slapped my fore head because my brother had told me that could happen.

I got out, popped the trunk and hood, hooked this thing up and within 5 minutes I was on my way.

It was still at 100% before I jumped the car and was at 82% afterward. I'm charging it to full and ordering a couple more for the other cars.
    Much more convenient than asking someone to position their car for a jump.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    Much more convenient than asking someone to position their car for a jump.
    You said it. Besides I was angle parked with my front against a fence, the car to my left was a lady who had pulled off the Interstate and was sleeping, to my right a carload had gone inside to eat, plus I didn't have any jumper cables.

NOCO GB40. I *think* I charged it 11/2020. Not sure though. Checked it today and 3 bars... so between 50-74%.

User Tag List