Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me Choose A Portable Car Jumper Kit.....

@Gater

How's your jump starter charge holding up?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @Gater

How's your jump starter charge holding up?
    Hey @blues

Still sitting at 94%...no change since that initial drop off. I may take it back to 100% and see what happens for another week before I decide if I'm keeping this one. We're starting to get some colder mornings, which is a good reminder of potential battery problems.

Thanks, @Gater

Mine is still sitting at 94% which is somewhat encouraging as it's been slightly longer than the period of time it took to drop to 94% from 100%.

I'm going to monitor it without a recharge for a few more weeks to see if it drops further...and then I'll at least recharge before the end of January to make sure it can be recharged and also power up a couple of small devices.

I don't have a vehicle to test it on unless I come upon one by happenstance.

I took mine out of the car to let a friend charge her phone with it. Mine was at 94% as well after riding in there for a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmill View Post
    I took mine out of the car to let a friend charge her phone with it. Mine was at 94% as well after riding in there for a couple weeks.
    Thanks, @Joshmill. These data points are very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Received my Audew 2000 approx. 7 days ago, came @ 74%, charged it until 100%, in my POV for the last 7 unused & checked just now still showing @ 100%.
    Yes quoting myself as the Audew was checked again today, still @ 100% & unused in my POV & 11/11 will be 1 month since I received it.

I bought two Audew 2000s a week ago and just checked them. One has dropped to 94%, the other one is still at 100%.

I noticed when charging them that one came out of the box with a little lower percentage on the meter than the other. I plugged them both in at the same time, and the lower one charged faster than the higher one. Also, the initially higher one sat at 99% for quite awhile before finally topping out at 100%.

I wish I had kept track of which was which when I put them in the vehicles.

I wonder if the drop to 94% is misleading. Maybe the accuracy of the capacity reading would benefit from a full discharge/charge cycle to “calibrate” the meter.

@boing

It seems like the 94% reading is the next step down from 100% during any amount of self-discharge. In other words, it doesn't go 99-98-97-96-95-94.

If it holds at 94% for weeks on end, then powers some phones or tablets and then accepts a charge up back to 100%, I'll be a lot more confident that the 94% reading is a trivial matter and of little concern...based upon what our other forum members are experiencing thus far.

Time will tell. Glad to have until the end of January to conduct this "experiment".

Did anybody already share this? I love this guy!
    https://youtu.be/JN8A2nIMUWA?t=1154

Not much a fan of the Noco based on value
    https://youtu.be/JN8A2nIMUWA?t=1197
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Did anybody already share this? I love this guy!
    I love anyone who validates a purchase I’ve already made!

User Tag List