Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HK Survey

I told them the trigger guard trench is a bigger impediment to buying an HK than the price. I also suggested they do an internet search on "trigger reach" and suggested they make parts available to shorten the reach. Size? Clearly the G19 is the target, and I was okay with dropping magazine capacity to 14 rounds in order to maintain the best-in-the-world quality of HK magazines. Modularity I don't care much about but suggested it would be nice to have the serial-numbered part minimized so I I can ship it without incurring pistol-shipping rates and a gunsmith (or H&K) can substitute their own when doing work.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Modernized p7m13 with improved ergos
    Not gonna happen. Even the existing P7 series are cost prohibitive to produce.

Plus as cool as they are, P7's have some real downsides when you actually shoot them seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Not gonna happen. Even the existing P7 series are cost prohibitive to produce.

Plus as cool as they are, P7's have some real downsides when you actually shoot them seriously.
    Ow... hot! Hot! SONOFABITCH!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HRoark View Post
    Ow... hot! Hot! SONOFABITCH!
    Yup. Plus they are unique enough it's a problem to switch between the P7 and other guns.

Have two or three PM13's for serious use would be a pricey proposition. At least with a Wilson or Nighthawk 1911. You could have a TRP or even an RIA as back ups.

1. What would make you trade in or turn your current pistol into a safe queen?
    - It would have to be one helluva pistol for me to give up my PPQ M1

2. What price point at retail would make the handgun accessible and desirable for the mass market and not just enthusiasts?
    - Never underestimate the the frugality of the American Shooter. For reference, see the popularity of the High Point and surplus Mosin Nagant.

3. What features are "quintessentially HK" and need to be maintained in a new platform?
    - The lever style magazine release, only make the lever longer. Make sure that the HK reputation for solid quality is not an illusion. Don't lose your Teutonic quirkiness.

4. What features are "mission critical" on a modern handgun design? What are optional?
    - Mission Critical: Reliability, Durability, Shootability, Simple Problem Solving, Accuracy.

5. What size(s) are recommended for the American civilian market? What magazine capacities to match?
    - Not certain

6. What do you look for in a handgun purchase? How do your current handguns meet that need?
    - Something that's reliable, durable, shootable, accurate, easy to manipulate and a good value. Looks don't make a pistol shoot better, but I like a pistol to look good, or at least look right. My current is all of these.

7. What sights would you like to see on a stock weapon? What features draw you to those sights?
    - Square notch rear, flat top front. They are easy for me to see and align. Square tritium lamps/day glow inserts on top would be a bonus.

8. What is your need for modularity in a handgun? What features do you want modular?
    - Define modular. A good, streamlined weapon light would be good. Streamlined RMR system would be good.

9. What type of modifications if any do you preform to your handgun?
    - Depends on what the handgun needs to do the job.

10. We would like to send you more surveys. Please provide you email address (optional)
    - No, thank you.

11. What other things would you like to see on a handgun?
    - Grippier panels that don't tear up clothing. Elimination of contact areas that irritate or abrade the shooter. Rounder shapes for easier and more comfortable concealment.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 11-04-2017 at 02:32 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The swappable Paddle/ button mag release supposedly shown on the SFP 9 at euro trade shows...
    GET OFF OF MY LAWN.

The part where Walther fucked up, in my not so humble opinion, is the point in time when they got rid of the paddle releases and went to buttons. Buttons suck. Paddles all day, every day, and twice on Sundays, and four times on range day.

My hatred of buttons stems from the fact that the 1911 is the only gun with a button mag release that I can hit without shifting my grip. Paddles, particularly the right side paddle of the HK, I can hit with my trigger finger. I'm so much faster with a paddle release gun it isn't funny...

___

Since I viewed this survey like asking Santa for Christmas presents. I went with the one thing I really want from HK. A G43-sized HK in 9 with an LEM trigger. Screw everything else, if they offered that I'd buy three of them.

1. A single stack 9mm with an LEM trigger in approximately the same size envelope as the Glock 43
    2. $5-600 retail with two magazines and night sights (VP9 is priced well, P30 is a harder sell)
    3. Ambidextrous Paddle-type magazine release, HK accuracy, HK reliability
    4. Mandatory: Reliability, Accuracy, Night Sights, Capacity (15+ rounds for 9mm)
    Optional: Factory machined to accept miniature red dot optical sights (e.g., Trijicon RMR)
    5. 15-20 round flush fit. Extended lengths to 25-28 rounds.
    6. Reliability, accuracy, availability of accessories. My current handguns largely meet my needs, HK P30s outfitted with aftermarket night sights.
    7. Heinie Straight or Slantpro 8s, 10-8 Tactical rear with tritium dot front. Suppressor height sights on guns milled for MRDS.
    8. handguns should come standard with 1913-style rails. I would purchase new USPs if they came with 1913-style rails.
    9. Suppressor-height night sights, texture improvement, smoothing of trigger pull, threaded barrels for using a sound suppressor.
    11. A pocketable single-stack 9mm, with an LEM trigger.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 11-04-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    GET OFF OF MY LAWN.

The part where Walther fucked up, in my not so humble opinion, is the point in time when they got rid of the paddle releases and went to buttons. Buttons suck. Paddles all day, every day, and twice on Sundays, and four times on range day.

My hatred of buttons stems from the fact that the 1911 is the only gun with a button mag release that I can hit without shifting my grip. Paddles, particularly the right side paddle of the HK, I can hit with my trigger finger. I'm so much faster with a paddle release gun it isn't funny...

___

Since I viewed this survey like asking Santa for Christmas presents. I went with the one thing I really want from HK. A G43-sized HK in 9 with an LEM trigger. Screw everything else, if they offered that I'd buy three of them.

1. A single stack 9mm with an LEM trigger in approximately the same size envelope as the Glock 43
    2. $5-600 retail with two magazines and night sights (VP9 is priced well, P30 is a harder sell)
    3. Ambidextrous Paddle-type magazine release, HK accuracy, HK reliability
    4. Mandatory: Reliability, Accuracy, Night Sights, Capacity (15+ rounds for 9mm)
    Optional: Factory machined to accept miniature red dot optical sights (e.g., Trijicon RMR)
    5. 15-20 round flush fit. Extended lengths to 25-28 rounds.
    6. Reliability, accuracy, availability of accessories. My current handguns largely meet my needs, HK P30s outfitted with aftermarket night sights.
    7. Heinie Straight or Slantpro 8s, 10-8 Tactical rear with tritium dot front. Suppressor height sights on guns milled for MRDS.
    8. handguns should come standard with 1913-style rails. I would purchase new USPs if they came with 1913-style rails.
    9. Suppressor-height night sights, texture improvement, smoothing of trigger pull, threaded barrels for using a sound suppressor.
    11. A pocketable single-stack 9mm, with an LEM trigger.
    A single stack 9mm LEM and DA/SA gun would be awesome sauce, even better if it had the ability of the USP's to swap from the LEM to DA/SA with just parts. More MRDS options in P2000 sized package would rock to. There are some decent lists here and the fact that HK posted a survey gives hope that things are changing there and they are listening to what consumers want.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    GET OFF OF MY LAWN.

Amen, brother
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

If the past is any indicator, HK will take this data on what civilian users want now, and do those ideas 25 years from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Filled it out. Bet they won't like my answers.

User Tag List