Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistols you regret buying...

Taurus Judge.....it wasn’t even one of the cool looking ones. It had a six inch barrel.

Took a while to get that stink off me.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Well that should be an easy fix, they're about $30.
    Couldn’t find them when I wAs looking 5ish years ago. Where at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was fresh back from OCONUS in 2009; young, dumb, and full of combat pay.

I bought a FNP 45 and wound up hating that unreliable, cheaply-built, and cumbersome thing. Sadly, I was also looking at a HK45 but decided since the FNP had 5 more rounds it was better... FML.

I also had a Kimber Eclipse II, because 4" Kimbers are so awesome and reliable... /s

Less than a year later the FNP and Kimber plus some cash helped me trade/buy into a G23 and S&W 637.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    None, honestly. I regret getting rid of some, but I don't regret any of my purchases. Even for the crappy ones that frustrated me (Kahr P380) they let me learn something that I appreciated and move on.
    I like your attitude.

Every .40SW (or .357Sig) that I ever purchased, and I bought a bunch between 1995-2010. Ok, maybe not the mid-90’s production P229, but all the other 40s can blow me for all I care.

Every Kimber that I ever purchased. Fortunately, there were only 2 of those worthless pieces of sh!t between 2001-2003.

My one and only Colt pistol, a 9mm CCU, that has spent the last FOUR months back at the factory for ejection issues.

Don’t get me started on rifles. I’ve had plenty of doozies in that department too.
    Last edited by Sensei; 11-02-2017 at 11:09 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Hammertime
    Kahr P380- would not run
    Sig P290RS- slow, heavy and sad.
    FN 5.7- sold at profit after one range session.
    Kel tec P3AT- ultra POS.
    Boberg XR9s- interesting but finicky
    Browning 1911-22- meh
    Uzi- ick
    Rohrbaugh R9- beautiful but finicky and bar of soap slick.
    Sig P320-sigh.
    FN PS90- liked concept did not pan out any better than an AR.

I learned something from every one and education costs money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

My one and only Colt pistol, a 9mm CCU, that has spent the last FOUR months back at the factory for ejection issues.

It’s a Colt Combat Unit... maybe just consider it “deployed” indefinitely.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

used LEO M&P9 fullsize-I impulse bought it because I thought it was a good price

I don't even know if it suffers from accuracy issues... There's a couple of handguns I never shoot anymore that I don't flat out regret buying but I would rather liquidate them in order to fund more ammunition/training/range time.

At least I didn't spend my money on some horrible things like a subcompact Kahr .40, Charter Arms or a Taurus Judge like some of you poor bastards.
    Last edited by Olim9; 11-02-2017 at 11:37 PM.

While not technically a pistol...

Mossberg 590 Shockwave. God what a piece of shit and horrendous to shoot. Would bind on the first shell in the mag every time too.

XD subcompact 40, based on recommendations. It helped me realize I prefer a hammer gun to a striker, so far. Tempted to try the Walther P99C, but focusing on my carry gun.
    Never got rid of it, because I have a relative that will soon be getting a gun, and I want to leave that one as an option.

User Tag List