Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistols you regret buying...

Site Supporter
    Kimber Pro CDP. Worst $1000 paperweight ever!

Site Supporter
    1. T/C Encore pistol in 7mm-08 with scope. I put this together in 2005. It cost me about $1,000 and I've shot it maybe 15 times. It lives on the very back of the top shelf in my gun safe now.

2. Taurus 24/7 OSS. It really looked good on the cover of G&A. Traded it toward the first Gen4 G17 I ever laid eyes.

3. Gen3 Glock 22 police trade in. Paid ~$380; sold for ~$320. Fired ~30 rounds over two years.

4. I've also pieced together a couple or three Glock 9mm using frames and aftermarket slides or factory slides I bought separately. None of those efforts yielded satisfactory results, but I did learn more about Glocks than I would otherwise know.

I also briefly owned a Beretta 84 and a CZ-40B. They were both interesting guns. I have a little bit of regret about spending money on them, but they satisfied my curiosity which is worth something.

1. Taurus Raging Bull. .454 Casull. I succumbed to magnum-itus. Unfortunately, it was like trying to drive a truck when you cant reach the pedals.

2. KelTec 9mm. Don't remember which model, (I think it was a PF9), but what a piece of crap. Looked like the guide rod was made from an old cell phone antenna.

3. Springfield Champion Custom Loaded. Shot two separate one hole groups 1.5" apart at seven yards(in the same shot string). Needed a hammer to drop the slide release. One time I noticed the front sight getting a little taller each time I shot. Then it was gone... Roll pin came out and sight fell off. Springfield rep treated me like crap and sent me a roll pin in the mail.

4. Smith and Wesson M&P 45c. Munched mag springs like potato chips.

5. Ruger LCP. Pretty sure it stands for "Little Crappy Pistol".
    Last edited by cornstalker; 11-02-2017 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Glock 22 Gen 2, I totally bought into the .40 craze.

Springfield XD (M) .45, because I needed a big, heavy gun that was (more) expensive to shoot. Because .45
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Three (3) Glock 19s. I kept thinking I should get along with them; I don’t. I shoot the 17 *magically* better. Hump must be in the wrong place.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Diamondback DB9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None, honestly. I regret getting rid of some, but I don't regret any of my purchases. Even for the crappy ones that frustrated me (Kahr P380) they let me learn something that I appreciated and move on. I had a KelTec PF9, and as mentioned it feels like an M80 going off in your hand and the guide rod is definitely from leftover Trac-Phones. I got rid of it after 124 rounds, but I don't regret buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Mauser HSC in hard chrome. Fucking paper weight.

Was it an Interarms 380 with a cracked frame?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    None, honestly. I regret getting rid of some, but I don't regret any of my purchases. Even for the crappy ones that frustrated me (Kahr P380) they let me learn something that I appreciated and move on. I had a KelTec PF9, and as mentioned it feels like an M80 going off in your hand and the guide rod is definitely from leftover Trac-Phones. I got rid of it after 124 rounds, but I don't regret buying it.

Was it an Interarms 380 with a cracked frame?
    Frame’s in excellent condition, trigger bar is bent.

1. LCP v1 - I really tried to make it work. Springs, grips, etc. I hated shooting it.
    2. Taurus 94 - The F was I thinking...
    3. XD(m)(GripZone)(3.8")40 - Very meh. Slide stop issues mainly.
    4. FiVe-SeVeN - THE F WAS I THINKING!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Frame’s in excellent condition, trigger bar is bent.

Well that should be an easy fix, they're about $30.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List