Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistols you regret buying...

Sigs... all 7 of them (I'm a slow learner).
    "Inconsistent" should be Sigs corporate motto.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Rock island 1911. Haven't regretted buying a gun since.

Regretted selling a few.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

AMT backup DAO. Anyone who can pull that trigger for a whole mag can squeeze sap out of tree branches with their bare hands.
    Bersa Thunder.

I should regret buying a Taurus PT-22, but I had a ton of fun with it before the slide flew off.

It's possible that I could be regretting another one, since I saw tonight that the local place has a used Taurus 905 5-shot snub 9mm for $219. Or not.

Site Supporter
    Ruger p94 bought during the 40 craze of the mid 90s. The craziest thing about it was the tolerances, the chamber did not sit flush with the slide, instead it was about 1/4” above the slide. Looked very sloppy and super heavy to boot.

Sig P320 and accessories for it. Need I say more? lol fortunately traded for a G33 with plenty of extras so I didn’t loose money.

S&W Shield 9mm with thumb safety. Good gun, I just couldn’t stand the fact it had a safety after finding out they could be found without one. Plus I decided I didn’t care for the heavy trigger.

XDS 9mm. Also a great gun, I just discovered afterwards that the G43 is better and so sold the XDS to fund the G43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A whole bunch.

Just to name a few:

Beretta PX4 Compact - I didn't like it, at all, and it threw brass directly at my forehead
    S&W 63 3" - Just last week, throws hot lead into my face (at Smiff now)
    Beretta 92 Inox (late 90's) - Made patterns in SA, not groups
    Beretta 92 Gander Mtn Going out of business awesome deal, "floor model" - Not as fun, or as accurate as I thought it would be
    S&W 60 3" - Just last week as well, - Trigger will randomly be hard to pull when shooting like the cartridges are dragging, fine with snap caps
    Several extra Gen3 G19s - Why do I have so many? (6 at least) I still haven't worn out my oldest one and now Gen 5 is out
    Ruger Blackhawk 44 Mag 5.5 in bbl - OUCH
    Walther PPK - Bigger ouch, "handful of razors" is an excellent description

ETA:

A 642 TALO. No functional issues, just very painful to shoot and not really any more concealable for me than a G26 while being difficult to reload.

A huge number of guns back in the late 1990's (if it was in an advertisement or a movie, I bought it) when I was young single and making a bunch of money. If I had instead invested it in a taxable account and Roth IRAs I would be typing this from my couch in my early retirement home instead of getting ready to go to bed so I can go back to work tomorrow.
    Last edited by Crow Hunter; 11-02-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Thankfully not a lot.
    Wilson EDC X9 - Cost a LOT and I just feel...”meh” when I shoot it. Would rather have a commander length 9mm CQB. Selling soon.

HK USP 9 - Again, just felt “meh” when shooting it. Chunky, way overbuilt for 9mm, slow recoil impulse (ker-chunk) and overall just didn’t like it. Replaced with a P30 and all is well.

This one is a rifle but...
    Definitive Arms 5.56 VEPR - AK converted to take AR mags. Cool gun, but pretty pointless. Heavy, doesn’t do anything better than my ARs and I literally cannot sell it for even half of what I paid for it without getting completely hosed. So it just chills in the safe.
    Shoot more, post less...

Mauser HSC in hard chrome. Fucking paper weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springfield Loaded 1911 - first gun, way too heavy, not a 1911 guy
    Glock 36 - multiple stovepipes, learned I didnt need a 45
    Glock 19 gen 3 - great gun that just didnt fit my hand, couldnt shoot it well
    Ruger Super Redhawk Toklat - fit the bill on paper but too big for my hand, mediocre trigger. Lightstrikes with aftermarket mainspring, getting sold off and replaced with a S&W 25-7 I recently bought

I don't think the forum software will let me type out a reply long enough to truly atone for some of the stupid stuff I've bought, but probably the cake taker was a Taurus Raging Bull in 454 Cassull, because I totally needed a 454 when I was 21.

User Tag List