Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistols you regret buying...

Site Supporter
    Forgot a Kahr PM-9, wouldn't run and as it was to be a EDC type, I didn't want to play with it. It became a G26.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Forgot a Kahr PM-9, wouldn't run and as it was to be a EDC type, I didn't want to play with it. It became a G26.
    I'm sensing a trend here....

Ultimately, the sub compact Glocks didn't work out for me due to a mismatch of hand size and grip size, but I'll be darned if the things didn't run like a top. Considering how much they are chopped and channeled down from the full size, that's quite the accomplishment.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I’ve had two quite good PM9s. It’s a who knows gun. The common thread is KelTec, particularly the P11. I didn’t mention mine, but it snapped its trigger bar on round 48, got sent to the factory, snapped it again on round 94, went to the factory, and got sold. The remaining 6 rounds of 9mm went through my second G19.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Experentially, I took an advanced class with a G26. The instructor said - why not a full sized gun! Well, I was poor at the time and that was the gun I had. It ran fine and I shot as well as the class average. It runs fine in IDPA if I look at reasonable performance and not millisecond issues. I don't have big hands though. Had an LCP that ran fine but it became a G42 which is finicky. Need to try it more but out of the shooting game for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I’ve had two quite good PM9s. It’s a who knows gun. The common thread is KelTec, particularly the P11. I didn’t mention mine, but it snapped its trigger bar on round 48, got sent to the factory, snapped it again on round 94, went to the factory, and got sold. The remaining 6 rounds of 9mm went through my second G19.
    Hmm. My P3AT has been just fine for me with several hundred rounds. I carried it for several years and never cleaned or shot it, and it still went through a box or two without trouble before I cleaned it.

I almost sold my LC9s but the guy wanting to buy really creeped me out. It's still at home in the safe. Considering whether to just go get the G43 now and keep working on selling the Ruger.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Sig P250 - because it COULD HAVE BEEN A CONTENDER, if it worked. Unfortunately, it didn't, and WTF did they design the rear sight to be part of the firing pin retention?
    They did the same with the Mosquito and the breech block. Had to remove the rear sight to get it out and clean it up.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

SA 1911 Operator Loaded -Bought because it was a 1911. Sold because it was a 1911.

Sig 1911 (sort of) - Bought because it was a 1911 (sort of). Sold because it was too much like a 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    The P220 is a common theme when people talk about problem guns. It's a shame because the P220 is easy to shoot well and fits my hands perfectly. I won't carry one though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    The P220 is a common theme when people talk about problem guns. It's a shame because the P220 is easy to shoot well and fits my hands perfectly. I won't carry one though.
    What problems have been associated with them?

Figured they weren't too terrible if EL was able to take home the IDPA CDP national title with one (though that's been awhile)
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    What problems have been associated with them?

Figured they weren't too terrible if EL was able to take home the IDPA CDP national title with one (though that's been awhile)

Mainly from what I read, so I may totally be wrong. I hope I am!

Charles Daly ZDA, which is a CZ (zastava out of Serbia, not the Czech CZ) 999. It was the first handgun I bought and took my carry permit test with it. Not a terrible gun, but it's big, heavy and there is no aftermarket stuff available for it. I think i got it for $290 And i can't imagine anyone would want to buy it so now it just takes up space in a safe.

Cobray PM11, ban version of a semi mac11, horrendous trigger slap, awful sights. Like the ZDA it's pretty close to worthless, so it just takes up space currently

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

User Tag List