Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Pistols you regret buying...

Quote Originally Posted by glocksalot View Post
    Glock 43

Obviously well built and reliable pistol and easily concealable. ONLY gripe was my grip on that thing left something to be desired. Such a small amount of frame to grasp that each time I presented it, was different and would point in all different types of directions.
    It's pretty hard to get a consistent grip on, this much is true.

Glock 23. Snappy little bastard.

XD45 Compact. Because they didn't make an XD46!. Sigh.

S&W 620. Purchased because it reminded me of a Model 66. Sold because it had consistent light strikes, even after a factory trigger job)

Sig 2022. Purchased to evaluate TDA triggers. Sold because it seemed extremely big for what it was. It was .40 too, which probably influenced my decision to sell.

S&W 66. Purchased used, sold because it had timing issues and I was tired of cranky revolvers.

XD45 tactical. No idea what I was thinking...

Ruger LC9. Ran fine, but I short stroked it frequently due to the double "click" reset.

S&W 3913. Purchased because everyone raves about them, but I disliked the ergos, the high bore axis, the lack of aftermarket support. And the POI was always high, despite various ammo types and a trip to a warranty center.

XD9 Subcompact. I'm a slow learner. Actually the gun ran fine, and I shot it well. But... XD

HK P2000SK V3. My first foray into HK's. Too small. Trigger like a staple gun.

HK P2000 V3. Good size, trigger like a staple gun. Sold it an got a P2000 LEM - by far my favorite of the three P2000's I've owned.

Damn that's a lot. All were sold or traded, usually at a loss. I learned something from all of them. But hopefully there's no more of 'em.
    Last edited by Mark D; 11-07-2017 at 12:35 AM. Reason: punctuation, clarity

XD 9 Mod 2 subcompact - hated the grip saftey. Had issues where the gun wouldn't rack or fire even though it was pushed in completely.
    G43 - Gun was way to small for me to shoot. Drank the Kool-Aid and had to have all things Glock
    G19 Gen 4 - Drank the Kool-Aid and wanted the "best". Shoot every other gun I own better. Won't purchase another Glock for a while if ever.

XDm 45. It was my first handgun purchase. I can't leave things alone so I spent way too much money tarting it up. I haven't shot it in almost five years, which is about the same amount of time I've been trying to sell it.

Glock 23. Don't mind glocks at all, but the 23 kept biting my finger. Shot the 22 and 27 just fine.

Ed Brown Kobra Karry. Loved the looks, style, and weight of the gun. Never ran right and sold it.

A few others I'm forgetting right now!
    Last edited by xanth; 11-09-2017 at 05:45 AM.

Site Supporter
    Kind of strange here but the HK USP 9mm I bought was a total dog. I was deciding between it and a back up gen 3 G19.

Flipped it back to the gun store in a rage with full disclosure. They didn't believe me but still gave me a small discount on the 19.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorris View Post
    G43 - Gun was way to small for me to shoot. Drank the Kool-Aid and had to have all things Glock
    G19 Gen 4 - Drank the Kool-Aid and wanted the "best". Shoot every other gun I own better. Won't purchase another Glock for a while if ever.
    My Gen 4 19 never did have the trigger I wanted. Even with multiple variations of connectors, springs and aftermarket triggers. Frustrated me to no end. After two years of hoping it’d be better this time, I stuck all the OEM parts back in and sold it. Thousands of people have no problems, but I’m sticking with Gen 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have bought two duds but don't regret either because first, I learned a lesson and second I sold them at minimal loss.
    Diamondback db380.... Lesson learned, never buy any Diamondback.
    Walther P22.... Lesson learned, 22lr is such a bitch of a load to feed that a cheap gun is worthless as a plinker.
    EAA SAR k2p 9mm Taurus pt911 g2 9mm
    Ruger LCP 380 Walther PPS 9mm
    Beretta px4 storm 9mm Sig Sauer P250 9mm full size
    Sig Mosquito S&W Bodyguard 380

Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    My Gen 4 19 never did have the trigger I wanted. Even with multiple variations of connectors, springs and aftermarket triggers. Frustrated me to no end. After two years of hoping it’d be better this time, I stuck all the OEM parts back in and sold it. Thousands of people have no problems, but I’m sticking with Gen 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I put one of the "smooth" face oem triggers in it. It felt a lot better but I couldn't shoot it as straight as other guns. No matter what I did it would always go left of POA. Had the sights changed and other people shot it. Started carrying an M&P which I can shoot straight without even thinking about it. Idk, the gun works for a number of people but not for me.

VP9 - Have now owned it 4 separate times. Wanna like it, really really do. Don't.
    VP9sk - See above
    Colt M45a1 - Owned that one 3 times. Such a cool looking gun with interesting back story. . . and then you handle it. Rattle trap. Gotta go.
    USP 9 - As an earlier member noted, very weird "ka-chunk" recoil impulse. Much too much mass in the slide for 9mm. Shot in slow motion
    DW Guardian 9mm - Well put together gun, but lightweight 1911's in 9mm just feel "wrong." Too light weight in the hand and the light 9mm recoil spring always reminded me of creepy-uncle limp handshakes.
    Sig legion SAO - Everything else I shoot is Da/Sa, but for some reason this seemed like a good idea. It wasn't.
    Kriss Vector - Mine was technically the pistol, albeit with a brace. Got the .45 one before the 9mm existed. . . and it was in .45. . . and had terrible ergo. . . Both the bolt release and mag button are constantly and literally right under your hand as you fire the gun. Boo

Thats all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there're way more. I am very guilty of the constant rotation of buying and selling. It keeps me occupied and I tell myself its like cross-training; I may not get VERY used to any one platform, but I can pick up just about anything and adjust to shooting it decently well rather quickly. That, and you don't really know what you like until you've tried EVERYTHING. . . twice.

User Tag List